I'm Ready for Muzzleloader to Start

dogtown

Pic from OCT 30. Operator error on camera date settings.

Attachments

• oct 30   8am   05.JPG
    oct 30 8am 05.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 208

BSK

Are they still in the bottoms? Have you got does?
Plenty of does and yearling bucks. Just a couple of older bucks and none big enough to interest me. I'm assuming there must be acorns in the bottoms. A client of mine right across the lake says they have a decent acorn crop in the bottoms along the lake and ALL of the deer from the hill country are down there. Lots of rubbing and scraping in the bottoms, hills almost devoid of deer.

rem270

Plenty of does and yearling bucks. Just a couple of older bucks and none big enough to interest me. I'm assuming there must be acorns in the bottoms. A client of mine right across the lake says they have a decent acorn crop in the bottoms along the lake and ALL of the deer from the hill country are down there. Lots of rubbing and scraping in the bottoms, hills almost devoid of deer.
It's amazing how the last week has changed for me. My new property behind the house had a bachelor group come through early summer. Besides that it was just the consistent mama and 2 fawns all summer. I bought the place this time last year and found buck sign so knew they'd move in (hopefully). This past week starting finding scrapes out of nowhere and have a real nice 3.5 8 showing up. Yesterday morning seen 5 different bucks and 8 does. This morning I've seen 6 does and a pretty nice 3.5 year old buck. Going from nothing to all that has me excited on what else might show up.

Latest posts