If you only had one fish finder....

WTM

console. figure out some spots on the map before pulling out on the lake. run SI and mark some waypoints on cover and structure. run around those spots with split screen 2d chirp and DI to see how many and possibly what type fish they are and throw out bouy markers on either side.

wait a bit for them to settle down and ease up and cast to them. rinse repeat, easy peasy.

note: on ky lake we have a bunch of nosy facks and snipers. paint those bouy markers black or dark green so when you fish them, they are harder for folks to see. but then again with livescope there are very few secret spots left.

WTM

also keep in mind when you have a mfd on the console and the transducer on the transom then you will need to pop a waypoint slightly behind the target on 2d or DI. else your waypoints will be in front of the target the distance between the two. could be as much as 10 ft or so. the only way around this is to mount a gps puck above the transducer.

Doecrusher

Appreciate the responses guys... pretty sure I'm putting it atop the running light/stern switch. I think if I add an aluminum plate to the top I should be able to get a 9" to fit. This is a 7" where I'm thinking of putting it.
20230526_204658.jpg

Latest posts