Sold/Expired I need a Spray Proof Live Skunk Trap in Murfreesboro

Carlos

You can use a regular trap, and wrap a trash bag around it, then tape it up.

They don't usually spray when caught in a live trap. I've caught more than 15 of them, and only had 1 that sprayed.

DaveTN

Lol
Is there a story behind this
I had a Skunk on my property the night before I left on vacation for 2 weeks. Now he thinks he lives here. I also have a Doberman that thinks he's tough. My last Doberman was far tougher than him and that poor dog took on a skunk. Even after doing all the concoctions, it was terrible for a couple of days and bad for a couple of weeks. I never want to go through that again.

So…. The whole put a bag or blanket over a trap and he probably won't spray isn't the direction I want to go. 😂

As I understand it, if they can't raise their tail, they won't spray. In that tube they can't raise their tail and its not open all over if they can spray.

1 good shot

I had a Skunk on my property the night before I left on vacation for 2 weeks. Now he thinks he lives here. I also have a Doberman that thinks he's tough. My last Doberman was far tougher than him and that poor dog took on a skunk. Even after doing all the concoctions, it was terrible for a couple of days and bad for a couple of weeks. I never want to go through that again.

So…. The whole put a bag or blanket over a trap and he probably won't spray isn't the direction I want to go. 😂

As I understand it, if they can't raise their tail, they won't spray. In that tube they can't raise their tail and its not open all over if they can spray.
It is "stressful" getting them out of a live trap

DaveTN

It is "stressful" getting them out of a live trap
Not if they are dead. As ridiculous as it seems, if I am reading the Tennessee law correctly, I can kill it, but I can't relocate it. That's stupid. I don't want to kill it; I'd rather relocate it.

I can shoot it out in the open. If I do I assume it will spray. We all know how long that smells stays around after a car hits a skunk on the road.

tellico4x4

Shoot thru lungs with .22 hollow point, deflates lungs & no air to spray with. Way I dispatch in leg hold trap & never had one spray. Diff story if you shoot in head 🦨

Reactions: Smo