I got a Question

huntintn

Suppose a fella (ME) had permission to relic hunt on land bording Shiloh park. But let say this guy didnt have a medal detector and didnt want to spend money on one till he seen if he enjoyed it. Do you think somone would bring their dectector and a spare one for him to use just to see if he enjoyed it. If he let them hunt and keep what they found.

leebowhunts

I would bring you a metal detecor and buy you a steak dinner for you and your family if you would let me go with you. If you are serious let me know I would drive from fayetteville over and hunt .Lee

huntintn

leebowhunts said:
I would bring you a metal detecor and buy you a steak dinner for you and your family if you would let me go with you. If you are serious let me know I would drive from fayetteville over and hunt .Lee

I'm serious as I can get.

Crow Terminator

Man that sounds like a deal to me! I've made many a man's wife mad at me by introducing their husbands to relic hunting :) Now they track dirt and mud into the house, clean dirt covered relics in the sink, and at any given time while riding in the RHV (relic hunting vehicle) they are subject to needing a tetnis shot :) I use to be bad about emptying the heavy iron pieces out of my pouch by throwing it into my truck bed. At one time I had more horse shoes and bits in the back of my truck than the whole US calvary in the entire war. heheh

It's something fun to get into, but even for me, it comes in phases. I'll get the bug real bad and then that's all that's on my brain for a few months; and then its like I could care less about going. Good spots are getting way harder to find these days. Its more blind luck of stumbling onto a spot now days, than it is for researching and finding places. You figure that every night for the duration of the war, that the soldiers camped somewhere. They set up picket posts around every camp. And they probably only wrote about the more important things that happened in camp; so there are thousands of those little small camps out there that have absolutely no documentation of where they were. And it's only blind luck of finding them. Some times they have a lot in them; sometimes they don't. But all it takes is for one good relic to pop up, and then its on like donkey kong.

Hey leebowhunts -- For a steak dinner I'll take you to a spot or two. :)

Crow Terminator

Yeah that 12th and 20th GA regiment sure camped in a lot of places :)

It's about too hot to be out looking for relics right now. When she gets back into the cooler weather, give me a reminder shout and we'll go save some history.

Tnyoteboy

Hey Thomas, have detector and willing to travel. I believe that very thought was put in your head by myself a couple of years ago when we were hunting that little bottom during the competition. Been chasing any more dogs on that sod farm?

Latest posts