Hevi-13

SHARPSPUR

It's not the same round. Hevi 13 is produced in high volume now by a ammunition manufacturer. Nitro is not. The reason Nitro ammo is so expensive is it's custom loads built to certain standards. You can go to the Nitro web site for more info. I shoot the Nitro shells in my Remington 870 with a Rhino .660 extended choke and get an unbeleivable pattern. You can go to the Nitro web site for more info on what shells shoot best in your gun and with what choke tube. I hope this helps.

square

I checked with the company. Hevi-13 is heavier than the regular Hevi-shot. Hevi-shot is loaded to a higher velocity intended for waterfowl. Hevi-13 is intended for turkeys. The theory is lower velocities give more uniform patterns and the heavier shot delivers the same energy down range as the lighter faster loads

Buckmark

SHARPSPUR said:
It's not the same round. Hevi 13 is produced in high volume now by a ammunition manufacturer. Nitro is not. The reason Nitro ammo is so expensive is it's custom loads built to certain standards. You can go to the Nitro web site for more info. I shoot the Nitro shells in my Remington 870 with a Rhino .660 extended choke and get an unbeleivable pattern. You can go to the Nitro web site for more info on what shells shoot best in your gun and with what choke tube. I hope this helps.

Good answer if that was his question. I am not sure what you answered but you did advertise well.

SHARPSPUR

Buckmark said:
SHARPSPUR said:

Good answer if that was his question. I am not sure what you answered but you did advertise well.

I was telling both Turkeyburd & square that they werent the same load. ;)

TheLBLman

square said:
You can get mass produced Hevi-shot and Hevi-13 or you can get the Nitro custom loads with hevi-shot
Or, you can try the new Federal HEAVYWEIGHTS which sounds better than any of the above. :grin:

Unlike all the other versions of "hevi" shot, this one is much "hevier".

Winchester's Extended Range loads are advertised as having shot 10% heavier than lead. I think the "Hevi-13" loads are 15% heavier than lead. These new Federal HEAVYWEIGHTS are supposed to be 30% heavier than lead!

The New Federal HEAVYWEIGHTS:
http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... ost1154129