Help with my Food Plot

deerchaser007

It would take 1 to 2 weeks to get a soil test back.

I can't tell you how much fertilizer to use. Only the soil test could do that.........
but i would at least use 100 lbs of 0-45-0 , 100 lbs 0-0-60, and 100 lbs of 34-0-0 per acre.
The clover and the peas will produce their own nitrogen,.. but the grains need alot of nitrogen. You might drop the 34-0-0 to 50 lbs per acre at the planting,.. but go back in a few weeks later and apply the rest.

Appreciate the invite also. I don't make it outta TN much,.. but if i ever come down that way i'll give you a shout!!

Give BSK a pm about a biologist down that way. He might be able to hook you up........

TNTony

I'll be down to hunt ya'll hunt those plots this fall. I should be able to make it at least once. Holler if ya need help, I'm available anytime in the next 18 days.

HopALong

FYI about ph soil test. I don't know if this still holds true because I haven't used it, BUT biologic offers a 36 hour turn around (e-mailed results) on soil samples for only $7.50 per sample. This was on a DRURY show this weekend. When I went through Co-Op it was $16 and took two weeks. Now I good through my county extension office and it is $6 with emailed results in 1 week.

Latest posts