Hashbrowns

DaveB

Son tried to make hashbrowns by cutting tater into squares and then cutting them smaller in our B&D grinder. Did not work. Taters became mashed.

So I went looking found our hand cranked vegetable cutting thing. Has 3 cylinders each with different size and shape cutting holes and much sharper than I thought. A few cups of coffee studying the cylinders and I chose one I thought would be very close and turned out to be literally perfect. Yes, I know, I made a note on the calendar.

I wanted to chop up & add some onions but got voted down.

Melted butter (plenty) in SS pan healthy handful of sliced tater into pan then arranged into stack like they do at Waffle joint. Covered pan with lid. Cooked each side until I got that stick together crisp look. Seasoned to taste, which took about 3 batches.

Have to admit best hashbrowns ever I ate. Wife even ate two helpings. Ran out of butter late in week used stick Parkay. Worked real good.

Tried the electric vegetable slicing thing Not recommended. So far this appliance is a total bust.

DaveB

soak in water for 30 minutes then drain well, the starch makes them gummy
Yep, found this by accident.

Cast iron works better than stainless.

Kroger sells this spice called "cajun seasoning" and this really hits the mark. spice is labeled Smidge & Spoon™ Cajun Seasoning

Latest posts