has anyone ever????

m.Creek

I used a inflatable turkey decoy back when i first started calling about 10 years ago, and i had a bobcat come in and bust it. I know the inflatable ones work great if you hang them from a low limb with fishing line, the slightest wind makes it move.

pass-thru

What are you going to do, call them with a turkey call? Yotes aren't dumb and neither are turkeys. Anything other than a turkey call would send turkeys running and a coyote would know something was up as soon as it saw the decoy.

m.Creek

pass-thru thats not all true, i have called in a bunch of turkeys with my mouth call while hunting for yotes.

and a turkey decoy is a good decoy, especially if it has movement.

A

Anonymous

Coyotes mite be crafty but dont have the gift of intellectual thought, and thers scores of turkey hunters that have had yotes come to a turkey call.

pass-thru

No doubt coyotes and cats will come to turkey calls. But I've done a lot of turkey hunting fall and winter and never called in either.

And I would be very surpised if a turkey decoy would work with any call other than a turkey call.

There's lots of other call decoy combos that would seem much more effective.

stik

pass-thru said:
And I would be very surpised if a turkey decoy would work with any call other than a turkey call.

when they see the turkey, they don't really care if it was making the noise or not. you are giving them too much intelligence.

huntintn

pass-thru said:
No doubt coyotes and cats will come to turkey calls. But I've done a lot of turkey hunting fall and winter and never called in either.

There's lots of other call decoy combos that would seem much more effective.

I've killed 3 (yotes) sneaking in on my decoys in the last 5 years.

tn/kyhunter

yea i was talking about using turkey calls but i ended up downloading some calls on my blackberry and i set it up about 30 yds away but i didnt see any yesterday but it sure was fun!!

Latest posts