Grand Tetons? Vacation

tndad

Thinking about going to the Tetons - fly into Jackson WY.
Not going to hike overnite- probably for rent by owner.
This would be in June- not going to Yellowstone(crowds)maybe.
Any ideas of areas to go to, day hike, scenery, eats etc.
Dad and 16 yr old daughter and 14 yr old son

luke

There are plenty of places to hike. I went on a guided hike that was pretty cool. There is an information place right as you enter the park. It is very nice. Everything in Jackson Hole is expensive. We stayed over the mountain in Idaho at a ski resort. Much cheaper. If you plan on rafting or some other type excursion check because they book up fast. Have a great time. If you have never been to Yellowstone dont miss it crowds or not.

Beekeeper

We went to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons last year. It was not crowded at all. I posted some pictures on here and I will see if I can still find them and post them again.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
Do NOT waste the opportunity of a lifetime to spend some of the finest vacation time in Yellowstone with your children. They are perfect ages to see and do it right. I might suggest you get on a river with them and take a float-trip. Bring your best binoculars, plenty of warm clothes, hats and gloves included. Only 1% of Yellowstone visitors head off the road and hike on trails. The trails will be well marked if there are bear in the area. Do Jackson Hole sure, but do the Tetons and Yellowstone. Take a couple of extra days of vacation and do it right. You'll have the vacation of your life with your children.

tndad

ChippewaPartners said:
Do NOT waste the opportunity of a lifetime to spend some of the finest vacation time in Yellowstone with your children. They are perfect ages to see and do it right. I might suggest you get on a river with them and take a float-trip. Bring your best binoculars, plenty of warm clothes, hats and gloves included. Only 1% of Yellowstone visitors head off the road and hike on trails. The trails will be well marked if there are bear in the area. Do Jackson Hole sure, but do the Tetons and Yellowstone. Take a couple of extra days of vacation and do it right. You'll have the vacation of your life with your children.

had to postpone this vacation because of the recent flood- had to replace ductwork- not covered by insurance. Going to Mt Mitchell area in North Caroline- hopefully next summer before she goes to college.

Beekeeper

DSC00866.jpg

888350-R7-09-162.jpg

888350-R4-21-42.jpg

tndad

yep, i was really looking forward to going but will do next year
beekeeper- where did you stay?
i was looking at places west of jackson hole-less expensive- idaho side

Asaltwpn1

Great pics BeeKeeper. We just got back from a Teton/Yellowstone trip. Wife says best trip she has ever been on and I agree. Carried our camping gear, flew into Jackson Hole and rented a van, never made one reservation for the week. Absolute have to go trip. Lots of wildlife, took over 1200 pics. Don't forget your binos and spotting scope. Oh and can I say it was cheap. Hotels $200, our tent 0-$20 (if campground).