Goulash?

KENBOB10

I remember when I was a kid I ate supper with a friend of mine and we had what his mom called Goulash(sp). I have not had it since. Don't know how to make it. The best I remember it had burger and macaroni in it. Does anybody have a recipe for it?

The Ol Professor

Here's a recipe that's pretty easy and good:

2-cups cooked macaroni
1-pound ground beef
1-medium chopped onion
1-14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
1-teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Brown the ground beef and onion. Add seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Add cooked macaroni and simmer 10 to 15-minutes.

Makes 4 servings

green doe

It's like hamburger helper but so much better!

Hungarian Goulash is very different, though. It's steak pieces with lots of paprika and onion and such. Just remember that if you go to a restaurant and order it.

farmin68

Here's another quick one that's pretty good:

One pound ground meat
1 can veg-all (mixed vegetables)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Brown the meat and drain the grease. Add the canned items. Top with cheese and simmer until it's good and hot.

Not bad for a quick meal.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Hungarian goulash is by far the best but you can make it with just about anything. I was once told the word means add this in.

huntwriter

Original Goulash is a Hungarian soup or stew. Diced beef brisket or shoulder, diced onion, diced potatoes, cabbage and carrots. Spices are salt, red ground pepper and herbs. My sister is married to a Hungarian and this one of their main dishes in the winter. It's absolutely delicious and filling.

This was the typical dish of the Hungarian herdsmen.

KENBOB10

huntwriter said:
Original Goulash is a Hungarian soup or stew. Diced beef brisket or shoulder, diced onion, diced potatoes, cabbage and carrots. Spices are salt, red ground pepper and herbs. My sister is married to a Hungarian and this one of their main dishes in the winter. It's absolutely delicious and filling.

This was the typical dish of the Hungarian herdsmen.

That right there sounds really good.

TN.Frank

The way I learned to make it was like this.
Fry up some lean ground beef with onions and garlic. Boil some elbow macaroni, add the fried ground beef to the mac when it's done then add some canned 'maters to the mix and simmer for about an hour so the flavors will mix.
I learned this from a lady that was Blackfoot Indian when we lived in Taylor, MI. It totally comes out awesome and now that I've talked about it I'm getting hungry for some.

fourwheeler431

The Ol'Professor said:
Here's a recipe that's pretty easy and good:

2-cups cooked macaroni
1-pound ground beef
1-medium chopped onion
1-14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
1-teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Brown the ground beef and onion. Add seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Add cooked macaroni and simmer 10 to 15-minutes.

Makes 4 servings

I use this one only I add a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato paste and put in a casserole dish,cover with cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes @ 350.

Latest posts