Got my 1st archery bear back this week!

1908_Cubbies

Mount%201_zpsiguvxbi5.jpg

Mount%202_zpss5qls4xn.jpg

bear%20front%202_zpsfbtoyqfj.jpg

1908_Cubbies

Sorry about the issues with the pictures. Hopefully, they are there now. I'm not sure what's up with photobucket. :smash: :smash:

I got him in Nova Scotia last September. He was a tough dude! I was a little over 30 yards away and he jumped my first arrow. He was standing broad side and you can see in the last picture where the 1st arrow grazed/cut his chest. I figured that was it, but he jumped around a little and settled down. Second arrow was where it needed to be and he only went about 25 yards. It was one of the most fun hunts that I think I have ever been on!

Mike Belt

Looks good and I bet it was a fun hunt. Curious about 2 things....
1)Did you hunt out of a stand and how high was it?
2)What was the difference in price for a full mount versus the half mount like you have?

1908_Cubbies

Mike Belt":bf4gy549 said:
Looks good and I bet it was a fun hunt. Curious about 2 things....
1)Did you hunt out of a stand and how high was it?
2)What was the difference in price for a full mount versus the half mount like you have?

I was in a ladder stand about 15 feet up. I have done it from a ground blind with a rifle and seen bear, but I feel too much like bait when I'm on the ground. :) I had actually lowered my bow to the ground getting ready to climb down, when this feller came up behind me. He walked under my stand and smelled/nuzzled my bow for what seemed like forever and walked on.

Of course, prices vary between artist, but I paid about $1,100 for the half mount with $250 being habitat. I believe that a full mount would have run about $1,800 +/- depending on habit.

Mike Belt

The reason I asked about the height was because I've never bear hunted but I got in o9n an Ark duck lease and when looking around before season I saw several stands that were only 8' high. I also knew a couple hunters that bear hunted in Canada a couple of years that said they were placed on 8' stands. One of them had a bear stand up and had his front paws on the platform inches from his feet. Sounded too close for comfort for me.

Latest posts