gettin PPC tuned almost

mr.big

new lot of 133 is slow,,switched to Norma 201 and still testing neck tension,seat depth and primers but these were first 2 5 shot groups with 29.5 N201 and 68 BTs,,I would just about shoot a match with that load,,it is better than what I shot last month and shot 499 with,

mr.big

10 round group to see how it would do in a string with bbl heating up,,I think I will shoot the Norma 201 instead of the VV N133 next UBR Match,,so far it seems to shoot better in changing humidity and temp conditions,,getting a good group or score isnt that hard but finding a load that will do it all day with a 30*-40* temp swing from the first targets at 9AM till the last one at 4PM is another thing all together,,

10 rounds from about 4PM today,,

mr.big

shot 5 rounds just as it was starting to rain to see how it would do in lower temps and higher humidity,,they say the humidity is what kills you,,
looks pretty good with the head wind coming in front of the rain system coming in,,probably 8-10 mph head wind switching right-left-right

wish I had a match tomorrow,,

DaveB

Unreal shooting Mr. B. One of my twins said, "that has to feel good, shooting like that".

When I pointed at the thread title eyes got wide and heads nodded.

Impressive.

Deer Assassin

let me tell ya eric can shoot

i will never forget watching him shoot an ole 300 rum sitting on the ground leaned up against a truck tire shooting off his knee

shot 4/5 2 liters jug at 500 yds not gallon but 2 liters didnt even give bbl time to cool

280longshot

Man I wished you wouldn't post groups like this, makes me look bad ... lol
Eric that's some fine load tuning and I'm sure you're gunsmith is a pretty fine fellow...
I talked to him Friday for about two hours... I'm thinking about getting him to build me a fine rifle like yours... well not that heavy of course but for hunting.

I'll have to take it a step at a time after pricing some custom actions... but it's all about what your passion is.

What action do you use?

mr.big

I been thinkin about havin him do me a 280 bbl for my old factory 700 BDL 25-06 for 5-6 years but get sidetracked ever time I get to thinking about it,,

I was always told there are 3 B`s to accuracy ,,Barrels,Bedding and Bullets