Get out there and bow hunt !

buckhorn40

steven stone said:
I have decided that Im going to quit passing does for this weekend anyway. I saw 19 in two days so I think I might shoot one, of course probably wont see any this weekend haha.
Shoot those slick ums steven. You've got plenty. :grin:

eddie c

Well, I've gotten out there saturday, Sunday and today and have seen deer all 3 days, just cant seem to connect. today the swirling winds got me busted 2 times.

Radar

I messed up a shot on a nice 8 pt. the other day , but got back at it again today and had a better day . I saw 10 deer , 3 button heads , 3 different spikes , and the rest were does . The rut is kicking into high gear . I'll be bowhunting this weekend too . :)

LT4Jesus

I hunted the last 3 days here in Bradley County. The bucks are cruising big time, none of them were trailing does yet. One doe seemed like she was coming in, based on a 4-pointer's reaction to her scent trail a couple of hours later.

I would love to be out today, but I've got to go back to work and start on a project that's cranking up in early December. I will be off next week, though.

eddie c

gonna try again for a few hours in the morning then go into work.

As I stated in an earlier post I went yesterday. When I got to work this morning I found out they are tranferring me to my old dept. blessing and bummer both, more of a blessing for the future. the bummer part is probably less weekday hunts. at least it doesnt start until January, I can still get a few more weekday hunts in.

Radar

I saw 14 deer this morning . Mostly does and fawns , and one 2.5 year old 8 pt . They were moving good from 6:30am to 9:00 am . I saw several groups of does together and only one doe being trailed by the 8 pt.
I still think the peak of the rut is about one week away in Hickman county . Scrapes are still being worked ,and bucks are still cruising .
The wind was gusting and swirling bad this morning . I hunted a stand I haven't hunted yet this year .

Latest posts