Fried deer and turkey

Lawrence

FYI
For those of you that have not used buttermilk you need to!
For years Ive always just rolled in flour and fried until now
The buttermilk helps to bond the flour and makes a great crust

jb3

always remember when frying, dry-wet-dry, and yes, we always took the backstrip out of one on opening day during lunch and used flour & buttermilk and put between a piece of white bread.

bowriter

R.I.P.
dry wet dry is correct. But add one to two beaten eggs to the buttermilk/ The best piece of deer meat to fry is the tenderloin. di0p in seasoned flour then soak in the butttermilk/egg for a few minutes, then back in the flour and fray at 360 degrees until golden brown. It is a a law, it must be served with cream gravey and cathead biscuits.

Exact same recipe for fried chicken or chicken fried steak. For fish, just substitute corn meal for flour and I actually like to mix about 10% flour with my corn meal.

The key to frying anything is precise temperature control of your oil. You have to have a good thermometer and keep a close watch. You want the inside of the meat to get done at the same time the crust is golden brown.

Now here is something maybe you don't know. If you want to go to the trouble, (I don't) the meat along the jaw of a hog is delicious. Beat the he11 out of it with a tenderizing hammer and deep fry it with redeye gravey, grits and biscuits. Dip it in coffee (cold) dredge in flour and brown it.

And if you want to try something really different, get a jar of Kosher dill pickles, slice thinly and go flour-buttermilk and egg- flour and fry them very quickly. They really are pretty good.

I been messing with frying things for a long time.

Lawrence

bowriter said:
dry wet dry is correct. But add one to two beaten eggs to the buttermilk/ The best piece of deer meat to fry is the tenderloin. di0p in seasoned flour then soak in the butttermilk/egg for a few minutes, then back in the flour and fray at 360 degrees until golden brown. It is a a law, it must be served with cream gravey and cathead biscuits.

Exact same recipe for fried chicken or chicken fried steak. For fish, just substitute corn meal for flour and I actually like to mix about 10% flour with my corn meal.

The key to frying anything is precise temperature control of your oil. You have to have a good thermometer and keep a close watch. You want the inside of the meat to get done at the same time the crust is golden brown.

Now here is something maybe you don't know. If you want to go to the trouble, (I don't) the meat along the jaw of a hog is delicious. Beat the he11 out of it with a tenderizing hammer and deep fry it with redeye gravey, grits and biscuits. Dip it in coffee (cold) dredge in flour and brown it.

And if you want to try something really different, get a jar of Kosher dill pickles, slice thinly and go flour-buttermilk and egg- flour and fry them very quickly. They really are pretty good.

Thanks for the Info
all sounds real good

Double-D-Team

bowriter said:

Thanks Bowriter, man you don't mess around... :)

Latest posts