Finished with a couple nice birds

Acorn

The first one I got 2 weeks ago Friday. I had been watching this bird a couple of weeks around in the bottoms across the road. He finally crossed the road that Thursday with about a dozen hens and another Tom. I roosted him that evening and knew the general area that he was in. I walked in the next morning and didn't know exactly where he was. When I was going across the ridge I started hearing one drumming on the limb. So I found myself a good tree and setup. Once it got daylight enough I could see a gobbler roosted about 50 yards down the hill but he wasn't the one drumming. Finally the one drumming started gobbling. He was about 75 yards in front of me. I waited a little bit and did a series of soft clucks and yelps. He gobbled and hit the ground at about 35 yards gave me a wide open shot. 22.3 pounds 10 beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 spurs.
462e4f91341e4a6e863babe52e59e537.jpg
The next on I got this morning. We watched him yesterday with 4 hens around lunch time in the middle of a cow pasture hanging around in the shade. There was a group of 8 jakes to come in but they didn't give him any trouble he carried his hens to the next group of trees. We backed out and came home. They were not in any hurry to leave those shade trees. We got to our listening spot this morning and he gobbled about 100 yards down the ridge. We get setup were I thank they will come out at. After about 10 minutes we had a group of deer come through but they never busted us. By this time the gobbler is hammering down like crazy and his group of ladies are in between us. He finally pitches down and goes to the bottom of the hollow. After about 5 minutes the hens pitch down in the same area. Their is a logging road that comes up the ridge in front of us so I get my boy setup to make a shot when they come up the hill. I started hearing one drumming and it was getting close. We listened to him for 10 minutes. He finally gobbles and is behind us. He has slipped around us. I make a series of soft yelps and he works in to about 45 yards and hung up. My boy said for me to go ahead and take him so I did. 24.7 pounds 10 1/2 beard and 1 3/8 spurs.
f0212f99eb3708dd7aab8a4074f30873.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk