Fairfield Glade Hunting

Hitit9999

Is there any public right there around Fairfield to hunt or is everything over at Catoosa? I'm going there next week for vacation and would love to find a tree near my in-laws condo

killingtime 41

They sure have built up all around there haven't they. Fairfield and crossville is like everybody that lives there is from up north. I'm still waiting to hear about the towns up north filled full of southerners.but I don't think that exists. Bunch of miserable people is all I can figure.

Carlos

Good question. I've always heard that state laws (twra) and the hunting seasons they set over-ride the local rules that the community may try to put in place. I was also advised that as long as the hunter isn't wreckless, or putting anyone in danger, there's nothing that can be done.
This would also hold true when it comes to hunting in the city limits. (As long as you had permission from the landowner, of course.)

I haven't decided to find out yet, but the idea has crossed my mind a few times. (I'd just rather not get into it with them, because of other factors that take precedence over deer hunting.)

There's plenty of folks who would like to have them thinned out, because they're eating the ornamental landscaping etc

Laserman1

Good question. I've always heard that state laws (twra) and the hunting seasons they set over-ride the local rules that the community may try to put in place. I was also advised that as long as the hunter isn't wreckless, or putting anyone in danger, there's nothing that can be done.
This would also hold true when it comes to hunting in the city limits. (As long as you had permission from the landowner, of course.)

I haven't decided to find out yet, but the idea has crossed my mind a few times. (I'd just rather not get into it with them, because of other factors that take precedence over deer hunting.)

There's plenty of folks who would like to have them thinned out, because they're eating the ornamental landscaping etc
They used to try to outlaw hunting in the town of signal mountain, then the state overturned their "little city ordinance" so now you can shoot a rifle as long as your away from houses.

Carlos

There's public land at Keyes-Harrison that's nearby, but it's not very good IMO.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great place to hunt if that's all you're looking for. If you're looking to kill deer though, it's not the best for that.
😉

Carlos

They used to try to outlaw hunting in the town of signal mountain, then the state overturned their "little city ordinance" so now you can shoot a rifle as long as your away from houses.
Yes, this is the same scenario probably.
Like I said, if I didn't have ties to the community like I have, I'd probably find a couple places to bow hunt out there.

Jcalder

As long as your not doing it for monetary gain or for social media likes, I don't see a problem. Your not pimping out the resources imo.
I don't really have an issue with any of it. The bigger issue is people telling others what they should or shouldn't do that aren't buying their licenses, paying for their gas, lodging, cameras, equipment, lease dues, decoys, ammo, land taxes……. People have gotten way too bent out of shape over deer and turkeys and how others choose to hunt them on this site.

timberjack86

I don't really have an issue with any of it. The bigger issue is people telling others what they should or shouldn't do that aren't buying their licenses, paying for their gas, lodging, cameras, equipment, lease dues, decoys, ammo, land taxes……. People have gotten way too bent out of shape over deer and turkeys and how others choose to hunt them on this site.
I agree, for me it's about ethics. It's not ethical for me to hunt a small property where the chance of a wounded deer will cross a neighbors property line and the odds are stacked against me for retrieving it. That's me. I am against people shooting game for monetary gain and likes on social media.

Latest posts