F&WC Season Setting (4/18 & 4/19)

Southern Sportsman

Assuming the first couple years go well, I'll bet we can get rifles added, at least outside of deer season. I know they are worried about people getting overwhelmed by temptation if they are holding a rifle and shine up a big buck while hunting coyotes.

scn

Assuming the first couple years go well, I'll bet we can get rifles added, at least outside of deer season. I know they are worried about people getting overwhelmed by temptation if they are holding a rifle and shine up a big buck while hunting coyotes.
My guess is that they are more worried about the safety factor with rifles. You will have folks on five acres surrounded by houses wanting to hunt at night. During the daylight hours, it is a little easier to make sure you have a decent backstop before you shoot. At night, with a yote coming in, I'm not sure that the rifle part would be safe.

Guess we will see how it progresses. Maybe if there aren't any issues this will be a foot in the door to the rifle in the future.

Rockhound

I was focused on turkeys and didn't pay much attention to the night season, other than seeing that one passed. The shotgun thing does suck. Will thermal/night vision be allowed?

Coyote guys will be getting into the TSS game now. A 2oz load of tungsten #5s will wreck one pretty damn far. But pricey, obviously, especially since they'll be looking to kill more than 2-3 a year.
I've already got a tss load with #3s that will be deadly to a long ways away....

gobbler32

The highlight of the whole two days was when the guy said he didn't realize a bearded hen could produce poults. There were things said that were comical. No one knows the weather but we certainly don't want anyone wearing a coat. Supposed to be 55 here tomorrow but I am going to refuse a coat since it's April!!! Lol
Yeah I noticed the bearded hen comment too, these people make decisions for all of us and don't seem to knowledgeable in my opinion.

Biggun4214

What was that?

I thought it was always legal to shoot predators at night to protect livestock (coyotes in your goat pen, etc)
I saw a news release today that had the personal property sentence at the end.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 6.40.25 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 6.40.25 AM.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 3

Southern Sportsman

I saw a news release today that had the personal property sentence at the end.
That is just poor editorializing. Coyotes are already open year-around with no limit. That rule would apply to someone wanting to shoot a chicken-killing bobcat out of their designated season, but not during a designated season.

Latest posts