excalibur

gld

need some adice...going to purchase a excalibur this yr.. how do u determine the right poundage to get. i like the weight of the 305ft per sec bows, but wondering if i should go up to the 320 to 350... i dont mind spending the extra money to get the fastest bow, just trying to determine if you really need that much speed. any thoughts or comments welcomed. thx

morgancountry

I have an Excalibur Exomax(225lb.) Only reason I got it was because it was a great deal. My brother has the Vixen (150 or 175lbs). We have both killed deer at 45 yds. Mine is definitely a little faster, somewhere in the 330 range according to the scope. But, mine puts a lot more wear and tear on the serving and is louder. If I had a choice, I would sell the exomax and buy the 175 or 200 lbs version. just my two pennies worth. Hope this helps. Oh and any excalibur is going to be a great buy. Easy to service!

TW

For turkey or deer I wouldn't go over 200 lbs. I guess if you are hunting elk or moose the 225 lb. model might be better. I have an Exocet and a Phoenix and like them both.

varminthunter123

Exocet, had its for 3 years and have taken 8 deer from 15 yeards to 50 yards and have alway had a complete pass thru. Very accurate, is loud but found that a deer can't jump the string at 40 yards or less.

BraveScout

I have the Axiom and absolutely love it. One of the more inexpensive Excaliburs, its a 305, and its money out to 50 yards , maybe farther, but I never bothered to try because I wouldn't try on a deer any farther than that. Like others said, a little loud, but the sound dampeners do help a little. Probably would be hard to go wrong with any Excalibur though.

Ratvol

I just bought an Exomag which has the 200# limbs. It is the most accurate crossbow I've shot. I'm 6'1" around 210 pound and in my early 60's. I have no problem cocking the bow. This bow hits hard and straight.
Good luck with your purchase. You cannot go wrong with Excalibur.