East TN ducks

chattanoogaRX12

I'm new to the area and relatively new to duck hunting. Just wondering if anyone has had any success hunting ducks or geese around the Jasper, TN area. East TN have any decent hunting?

BIGB

East Tennessee is as far as you can possibly get from a major flyway. Good luck.

rukiddin

tn_duckman said:
i agree with bigb but if you put the time in and find the ducks you can kill a limit

True.....but by the time you add up all your costs of scouting and days where you kill nothing....you could have joined a lease in west TN, Ky, Mo, or arkansas, and allbeit, thats not a slam dunk, at least when your in a flyway, you know the opportunity "could" be there!

tn_duckman

I go to Alabama west tn and Arkansas a lot each season but I'm out driving a lot for work so I get to do a lot of my scouting then... Rukiddin where you at in east tn

BIGB

I like to go early in the season and get some of the locals before they know what is going on. Then you really have to hit the weather just right. I helps if you have a boat and get away from the public potholes. Scout go where you see ducks using and don't over do your calling. Ducks around here don't seem to tollerate having their eyelids blown back like they do out on Reelfoot. Don't afraid to tweak your dekes. Adjust and adapt and take advantage of your opportunities because they may be few and far between.

Latest posts