Did some testing

YEKRUT

This stuff is nasty. I finally got a chance to do some testing this weeked and believe I'm ready for season now.

All 3 are from an original SBE AT 40 yards through a SumToy choke.

2oz of 8.5x9's TSS at 40. 343 in the 10 ring and 234 in the 20 for 577 total.

2oz of 9's. 370 in the 10 and 236 in the 20 for 606 total.

2oz of 8.5's. 323 in the 10, 213 in the 20 for 536 total.

YEKRUT

I'm loading it for about $2 cheaper per shell than I was buying 25 round nitro boxes for and getting a better pattern.

REN

YEKRUT":1u0fnxj1 said:
I'm loading it for about $2 cheaper per shell than I was buying 25 round nitro boxes for and getting a better pattern.

I'm sure but i don't have any of the loading stuff and what not so for me it would be crazy high to start with.

Rockhound

REN":1aj8mthy said:
YEKRUT":1aj8mthy said:

I'm sure but i don't have any of the loading stuff and what not so for me it would be crazy high to start with.

Probably about $150 would get you started

Southern Sportsman

The set up cost isnt that bad really. You dont have to have a loading press. A tcheap table top drill press is really helpful but not necessary. The shot is $50-60 per pound and obviously you get 8 2oz loads per pound. Once you locate the necessary powder, its downhill from there.

If you really want to start, buying shot is step 1. Hawglips is a member here. He sells it by the pound. Once you get the shot from him, he will send you lab tested load recipes. Order what you need from balistics products and precision reloading and then your set.

muddyboots

Southern Sportsman":2dxzgm55 said:
The set up cost isnt that bad really. You dont have to have a loading press. A tcheap table top drill press is really helpful but not necessary. The shot is $50-60 per pound and obviously you get 8 2oz loads per pound. Once you locate the necessary powder, its downhill from there.

If you really want to start, buying shot is step 1. Hawglips is a member here. He sells it by the pound. Once you get the shot from him, he will send you lab tested load recipes. Order what you need from balistics products and precision reloading and then your set.

Gotcha.

YEKRUT

catman529":3my1f9g3 said:
dang, thats a lot of pellets. I take it 8 or 9 lead shot wouldn't be very lethal at that range.

Nope, these are dang near twice as heavy as a lead pellet. They carry some serious energy at long range.