Decoy dogs

A

Anonymous

It's legal to use dogs to hunt Coyote in Tennessee. I don't think it would matter who's chasing who

pressfit

I dont think you can tie a pet rabbit out and use them for decoys.. a dog probably wouldnt be any different.. I may be wrong..

A

Anonymous

pressfit said:
I dont think you can tie a pet rabbit out and use them for decoys.. a dog probably wouldnt be any different.. I may be wrong..

Decoy dogs

You've got the wrong idea of a decoy dog. The decoy dogs i've seen used like that go out and find a coyote and make it chase them back into shooting range. I can't imagine how you'd train a dog to do that but it's very cool to watch.

Gravey

Bart 49's said:
pressfit said:

Decoy dogs

You've got the wrong idea of a decoy dog. The decoy dogs i've seen used like that go out and find a coyote and make it chase them back into shooting range. I can't imagine how you'd train a dog to do that but it's very cool to watch.
Saw them used on a hunting show one time. Had never heard of it but it was pretty dang cool. I too would like to know how you train a dog to do that. Simply amazing.

peytoncreekhunter

Another way to do it may be to use a female dog that is in heat and put her in the middle of a field and shoot the yotes that come to her.

That is, if using a decoy dog is legal.

Yotehntr

I don't think Tony's really using the dogs as decoy's... more of a retrieval type thing from the video's I've seen. I've wanted to give the decoy dog thing a go myself. Dogs are cool as heck to hunt with anyway. I've used rabbit and bird dogs.

Latest posts