Dec LBL bow hunting

medwc

Anyone else planning on it?

I love to Dec bow hunt LBL. I wasn't going to hunt it this year 1st- because of lack of time and 2nd- figured gas would be $5.00 a gl.

Well I ain't working now so I have time and gas is $1.59 a gl.

I have been shooting the last 2 weeks and looking good. Come on Dec 4th!!!

medwc

In Dec I hunt travel areas to fields and bedding areas. Some days it is a bust but I normally will tag two does. I have had several big buck come in on me over the years. I just can't seem to get it right or don't have the shot. I did take a so, so 9 point in dec 04.

PO Cedar

dcsoldier 44, stop in at LBL and purchase the permit necessary for hunting there. $25 for the combined hunting/backcountry camping. It allows you to kill two deer(only 1 can be a buck) and a bonus turkey(must be shot prior to killing both your deer). This is "ARCHERY ONLY", crossbows are legal. No ATVs allowed,TN and KY statwide licenses necessary to hunt both states in LBL. They'll furnish you a free road use map- December-January archery season there allows the bowhunter to hunt normally "closed to all hunting" areas- Brandon Group Camp area, etc... These areas will be marked as being open during this time. SOME of the areas may not be open so it is best to check at the South welcome center or outside of LBL at Crutcher's store before hunting. Good luck!

medwc

What PO Cedar said.

Plus...

You can get the LBL permit anywhere that you would get the normal TN hunting license. Wally world, online, store... I think the south welcome center closes 01 Dec till spring.

IMO it is a great time to cold weather bow hunt(cold for TN weather). It is not a busy time of the year, not a lot of hunters, traffic, people, campers and such. Just get off the main roads a bit and scout a little till you find that area. You never know what might walk by.

TN RDG RNR

Me, bloodsport, 2 of my friends and a couple of maybes off this site will be up there on 26 Dec thru 31 Dec and then again a week or 2 in Jan. If anyone is going to be up there during that time frame give me a holler I always like meeting TNDeer members. Cant wait to eat a big plate of Cindy's catfish and hit the woods.

Good luck on the 4th medwc.

medwc

TN RDG RNR said:

Thanks, it looks like I might need more luck than normal. The weather is not looking to good(very windy) for the 4th but I will at least get some scouting in. I'll keep yalls hunting dates in mind and maybe when the time comes try to meet up somewhere.

DeerJay3

Only been to lbl huntin once but gonna try and head up there somw time. No Work and deer to be killed So if i can get a buddy er two to go i will try my luck . Plenty of giants up there but i will take a doe with a bow aint skeerd
Good luck and maybe i will see some of yall there

plinker22

LBL is one of my favorite places to hunt. I would love to get some lessons on LBL from someone in the know, but nevertheless, I really enjoy my time there.

I have arrowed a big doe and a nice 8 point.

Very excite to go this year.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
TN RDG RNR said:
Me, bloodsport, 2 of my friends and a couple of maybes off this site will be up there on 26 Dec thru 31 Dec and then again a week or 2 in Jan. If anyone is going to be up there during that time frame give me a holler I always like meeting TNDeer members. Cant wait to eat a big plate of Cindy's catfish and hit the woods.

Did you say you were buying? :grin:

TN RDG RNR

Cuttin Caller said:
TN RDG RNR said:

Did you say you were buying? :grin:

The first case. ;) Hope you can make it.

Latest posts