DA,,,, or anyone else with a scooter.......

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Bought my bike on June 6 of this year.
I have ridden it to work every day I have worked since, with the exception of 3 days.
Once due to having to pick up something from work, once from effects of the night before and once due to hurricane conditions.

Today I had to ride home in a monsoon. I had my rainsuit in my backpack that I wear when I am hunting so I put it on.
When I got home I had a dry spot on the hip of my jeans about the size of half of a sheet of paper.
I literally had to pour water out of my leather work boots.
It went through the suit and my jeans.
Now, my question.... what kind of rainsuit will actually work in a pretty hard rain while you are going down the road at 45 to 50 mph?
:eek:

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I never did have a rain suit, just chaps and jacket. Oh and a bandanna to put on my face cause the rain drops felt like needles when they hit my cheeks. Man I miss those days.
Maybe you got a full helmet though, I never did own one.

Hogbear

I've got a Fieldsheer Lex rainsuit I bought in '94 and I still use it and it's never leaked at all. It doesn't vent well, so it can get a little clammy from sweat on a hot day, but it won't let the rain in.

osduck5

If you get one that don't leak, it don't breath very good and then you sweet so bad that you wish you had just let the rain soak you! The joys of hard core bike riders! :)

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
No doubt. :eek:

Looked at the frog toggs yesterday.
If they will keep the water out, looks like that is the way I am gonna go. Very well priced. If it works. :)

leeinmemphis

Ruger you need to invest in a $300 Olympia Phantom 1pc suit. It has crash protection, in colors that will make you more visible to cars, and is rain proof.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/phantom/Phantom.htm

You can order it here: http://skur.net/tellico/home.html and get 10% off and you should receive it the next day. If you wait until I get my pacemaker and am ready for a roadtrip then I'll ride out there with you to get one in person if you would like. It is on the Cherohala Skyway and only 45 minutes from Deals Gap.

Allen Sullivan

Wife and I both got a set when we bought our 04 Goldwing. Road in several rain storms, one trip road almost 9 hours in solid rain and the only thing was wet on either of us was my hands and our feet. Have been in my climbing stands several times with them on in the rain and never got went at all.

Latest posts