Sold/Expired CVA Wolf with 4x Nikon Scope - $150

CharlieTN

For sale is an older CVA Wolf .50 cal muzzleloader with 4x Nikon scope. This is a stainless gun but I camoflauged it (I'll explain why down below). It has an interesting and colorful history but shoots great. I was able to get 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with 95 gr of Pyrodex P and the Hornady 240gr XTP in the green sabot. Using 2 Pyrodex 50/50 pellets and the same bullet I was getting 3" groups at 100 yards.

Alright, this rifle has a very interesting and colorful history. Here's what I know:
- the original owner was a neighbor of one of my church members. He spray painted it black. At some point he decided it needed the counterbored muzzle to make loading the bullets easier but he messed it up. Wound up taking it to a gunsmith who cut 2" off of the end of the barrel, re-crowned it, and did the counter bore correctly. So this thing is a shorty at only a 22" barrel instead of the usual 24". Makes for a very handy rifle in the woods or out of a tree stand.

At some point he sold the gun, and I don't know how many owners it went through but I found it laying on a table at a local yard sale. It had been shot, reloaded, then set aside without cleaning so it had a bit of rust in the barrel. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get the breech plug out but I decided to take a gamble, figuring the Nikon scope was worth at least what I paid for it. to my surprise the breech plug came out quite easily and was in good shape. There was some rust and a bit of pitting in the barrel but these muzzleloaders are quite forgiving. After working on the rust, and cleaning the gun up in general it turned out to be a nice shooter.

I did replace the ramrod as the one with it had been bent a few times and straightened out. I still have it if you want it. I also found a breech plug tool for it, which I will also include.

Now to the current condition, I decided to give the gun an overall new look since the black paint was wearing off quite a bit, and even showing the original camo that the first owner had put on it in some places. The gun itself buried under the layers of paint is a stainless gun with black furniture. The scope is also black.

Anyway, through some trading I have another muzzy project that I'm working on so it's time for this one to go to a new home now that it has a new lease on life. I promise for the money you won't find a better, and more deserving muzzleloader. It's ready to kill some deer and stock the freezer. Plus, you get to add yourself to its colorful past.

$150 cash, located in Rhea County. I might be able to meet in surrounding counties depending on my schedule.

IMG_1607.jpeg

Latest posts