Coaches poll is out!

PalsPal

TN is unranked, but that's ok.

On the negative side, Bama is pre-season #1.

On the positive side, they're only 1 for 6 on winning the NC when that's happened in previous years šŸ˜‰!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I love that Texas got 1 first place vote and is sitting in 18th. Is is made public who votes for who?

PalsPal

Surprised pitt top 16 they lost a first round draft pick QB. And the Top WR in college football last year.

THAT will be a huge early-season test.

I admit I don't know that much about them, but that QB last year was great. And, we still almost beat them without Hooker being the starting QB.

We really need that one for momentum.

Grandslam11

Surprised pitt top 16 they lost a first round draft pick QB. And the Top WR in college football last year.
The Pitt game might worry me the most. For some reason, a lot of folks are already counting that as a W despite the fact they are a preseason Top 20 team. I agree, i am not sure they warrant that but if we lose that game, fans will start their whining. IMO we win that game, we have a great shot to beat UF. We start out 4-0, LSU better watch out. I am afraid we lose that Pitt game, we lose the UF game as well. We will see.

THEdonkey0515

7-8 wins is tops I believe , could be less than that. I'd love to be wrong but unless defense improves it'll be tough to get past 7 wins with a tough schedule.
I have 7 wins being the floor for this team, 7 wins would be a disappointment for me anyways and most fans.

9 wins being the ceiling. That's everything going right and getting a few lucky breaks.

8 wins feels rignt.

THEdonkey0515

The Pitt game might worry me the most. For some reason, a lot of folks are already counting that as a W despite the fact they are a preseason Top 20 team. I agree, i am not sure they warrant that but if we lose that game, fans will start their whining. IMO we win that game, we have a great shot to beat UF. We start out 4-0, LSU better watch out. I am afraid we lose that Pitt game, we lose the UF game as well. We will see.
Right it would be a disappointment to get beat by pitt, 2 stright years IMO.

They lost 2 of the best players in all of college on the offesive side of the ball last year I don't see pitt being able to replace that. I seen they said they returned alot of players in the front 7, but I don't think scoring the ball will be a problem for Tennessee.

That game will be the difference between a decent 8 win season or another kinda disappointing 7 win season.

wayne

Pitt picked up qb Kedon Slovis from USC. Slovis had good years at USC but regressed each year. Pitt also got Akron transfer WR .... Mumpfield (or something like that). Had over 60 catches and 8 TDs last year. With a new OC(Boston College) and Narduzzi's MO, I think they will want to run behind the veteran OL more and take some of the pressure off Slovis.
Pitt ran the ball 45 times last year and only picked up 96 averaging 2.1 ypc against a poor Vols defense.

BamaProud

Mescalero

I don't know ask Vegas

I've gave my prediction on this site multiple times for the vols 2022 season if you really care.
It was a joke. Bama and Vols fans take things so seriously. I keep telling myself to remember the /s/.

Vols win 7 or 8 games. Game @ USCar decides whether it's 7 or 8.

THEdonkey0515

It was a joke. Bama and Vols fans take things so seriously. I keep telling myself to remember the /s/.

Vols win 7 or 8 games. Game @ USCar decides whether it's 7 or 8.
Yup I have them at 8

Splitting florida and lsu.
Splitting KY & SC
Loss bama
Loss georgia.

Is my guess.

I think the week 2 pitt game is the difference between 7 and 8 wins. I just don't see the vols getting beat by pitt twice in a row, but it could very well happen.

Latest posts