Clinch River report

ghosthunter

I went with a buddy yesterday and we did ok, but nothing great. We kept about 10 for the skillet and had to release a few in the slot. I just seems to me like the clinch isn't as near as good as it use to be. Maybe I'm hitting it at the wrong time.

rbreedi1

Were you fly fishing or spin fishing? I fished it some this year and it seemed like it was a hit or miss. The fish on the clinch can be finicky.

Setterman

The pressure this year has been insane, with the water being low most of the year the fish have really taken a beating. Combine that with little to no stocking done by TWRA and there just aren't many fish in the river.

It is incredibly discouraging to know where the Caney, Clinch, and Holston were 2 years ago and where they now are from poor management, bad luck, over pressure, and zero enforcement what so ever. If TWRA would ever wake up and realize what a golden economic egg they have, then things might change. But for now, it is pretty much a joke how short sighted the cold water fisheries crew is. Incompetent might be a better word to use.

rutnstrut2

Alright guys I have fishede the clinch my whole life and looked in the book and cant find it any where, what is the slot limit? I spin fish alot but have not done any in about two years so I was wanting to go this coming weekend so I thought I had better ask. I know one evening I went and they was a guy on a bucket and my wife brought the kids and they looked in the bucket and I swear he had over a 100 6-8in in there that is just sad! I said something to him about it and he got upset but that just isnt right that could be my sons big one when he finally gets big enough to go! Just my 2cents!

Setterman

The slot is great, but is worthless because almost no one abides by it, and there is zero enforcement. I saw 5 guys on Saturday that had 30 fish each, with fish in the slot as well. I called TWRA from the river, and was told someone would call me back. Still have not received a phone call in response to my report. Pathetic...

ghosthunter

I wonder if the reason slot limits on these rivers are implemented isto conserve money by not having to stock as much. I remember when you could float down the caney and clinch and see many fish and some real nice ones. It's really disappointing.

Setterman

No it is a ploy by the TWRA coldwater to crew to give the illusion that they are managing these rivers. When reality shows an entirely different picture.

I could really blast some of them by name but will refrain. They know who they are, and they know what I think of them. Incompetent and arrogant will be by description as well as the last post I will make regarding this subject.

Latest posts