Calling in the yote's.......

Twitch

I have never hunted coyote before....I have seen a few on my property.....Whats a good call to use to call them in?.....Morning or evening or anytime ?....Any info would be appreciated !!!

Bopeye

Check out www.easterncoyotes.com
There's a guy on there that really knows his stuff. He goes by CCP and even has an outstanding video out. Most the videos you see are from the west, which doesn't help us out much.

To answer your questions. I personally like any kind of bird in distress using a mouth call. Higher pitch and very shrill seems to work better in my area. Chicken is distress, yellowhammer woodpecker, young cottontail, young turkey in distress.
My bread and butter call is a howler. I enjoy talking their language.
I also have better luck from around 10:00 a.m. to dark.
Coyotes are mostly nocturnal when hunting. They usually find something to eat, so by morning their bellies are full and they are ready to take a nap. Up towards noon or better they are starting to get hungry again.
I've been hunting them seriously for a decade now. Shot my last deer in 2000 and switched completely to coyote hunting.
I played around with coyote hunting long before that.
My hunting partner shot his first coyote in Tennessee back in 1973 and he hunts them exclusively. We have a fun time.

They are here in good numbers, but just like anything else, there is a learning curve.

Bopeye

I hunt the mornings as well. There really isn't a wrong time, but you have to ask yourself a question. Do you really do better in the mornings or do you just see more then, because that's when you hunt more? Most hunters are early risers by nature and want to get in the field before dawn. That's just a deer hunting tradition and it works quite well for deer I might add.
You sure can run the coyotes out of the field if you do that though. Haven't really figured that one out yet. How many times do you see coyotes at the crack of dawn? Is it usually on up in the morning sometime. Be honest. I'm always willng to learn.
I don't come here much anymore since I don't deer hunt anymore, but I remember this place as being a plethora of hunting and woodsmanship knowledge.

Big Bio

Hecklin Howler by Knight & Hale is a good call. That Blasting Chamber helps you channel the air. Hunt them suckers when you can. Kill'em all!

Big Bio

Hecklin Howler by Knight & Hale is a good call. That Blasting Chamber helps you channel the air. Hunt them suckers when you can. Kill'em all!

Velocity kills

Become a successfull predator hunter and you are a top notch hunter. There are many variable to it and it can be difficult and trying. Good luck... you will love it or hate it!!!