• Help Support TNDeer:

Box stands?

Another vote for the Sportsman Condo...for the money they are tough to beat...rock solid and very little maintenance required.
Yup.

Just factor in cost of 4"x4" legs, and 2"x4" cross-braces. And personally, I find a t-post hammered into the ground at each corner and U-bolted to the legs is more stable than a center anchor. Also factor in plywood floors and carpet. We also added a handle near the bottom left of the door.

Attachments

• Towers2.jpg
    Towers2.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Towers4.jpg
    Towers4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Towers5.jpg
    Towers5.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 20
Yup.

Just factor in cost of 4"x4" legs, and 2"x4" cross-braces. And personally, I find a t-post hammered into the ground at each corner and U-bolted to the legs is more stable than a center anchor. Also factor in plywood floors and carpet. We also added a handle near the bottom left of the door.
For the plywood floor...couple questions:

Were you able to do the plywood floor in one piece...if so any issues getting in through the door to install?

Does your plywood floor sit directly on the bolt heads that hold the house to the frame? Or did you add strips under the plywood for clearance?

Did you use 1/2" or 3/4" plywood?

Guessing you wrapped the floor in outdoor carpet and stapled on the bottom or backside?

Lastly...did you make a pattern to cut your plywood to size....looks like a great fit.

Planning to be doing this flooring project this summer is why I have so many questions...appreciate the input.

And we've already got out black metal handles to add by the door...great idea...Thanks

Yup.

I agree with the T post versus a cable in the middle. Used a couple cables on the first one I made and not impressed. Depends on how soft your ground is, the cables seem to make it settle more than it normally would. When we moved the houses to my brother's property, leveled them, T post in the corners and ran 2 x 4's around the base screwed to the bottom of the legs. The 2 x 4's seem to keep it from settling from one side to the other and no need to a base of some kind for each leg.

For the plywood floor...couple questions:

Were you able to do the plywood floor in one piece...if so any issues getting in through the door to install?
We went one piece. It was a struggle to get in the door, but we got it with two people.

Does your plywood floor sit directly on the bolt heads that hold the house to the frame? Or did you add strips under the plywood for clearance?
What we did was lay down 4"-wide by 1" thick strips of high-density foam across the floor so the plywood is held up above the boltheads. Also eliminates squeaks and pops.

Did you use 1/2" or 3/4" plywood?
We used 3/4" plywood simply because we had some extra lying around, but I do think 3/4" is more "solid" and doesn't bend as easily.

Guessing you wrapped the floor in outdoor carpet and stapled on the bottom or backside?
We just stapled it at the edges.

Lastly...did you make a pattern to cut your plywood to size....looks like a great fit.
YES! And I think that's critically important. We used posterboard to cut a perfect template for the floors and carpet.

And we've already got out black metal handles to add by the door...great idea...Thanks
Just remember to use a piece of wood on the inside of the shooting house to anchor the handle screws into.

We went one piece. It was a struggle to get in the door, but we got it with two people.

What we did was lay down 4"-wide by 1" thick strips of high-density foam across the floor so the plywood is held up above the boltheads. Also eliminates squeaks and pops.

We used 3/4" plywood simply because we had some extra lying around, but I do think 3/4" is more "solid" and doesn't bend as easily.

We just stapled it at the edges.

YES! And I think that's critically important. We used posterboard to cut a perfect template for the floors and carpet.

Just remember to use a piece of wood on the inside of the shooting house to anchor the handle screws into.
Perfect....Thank you for this information...this will be very helpful going forward....appreciate it.

Back