Bow choices

Radar

Lately we have had had some discussions on bow brands that became a little carried away , and things I said were taken the wrong way and interpreted as bow bashing . I have always encouraged those looking for a new bow to shoot several brands and models , and pick the bow that they like the best , not a brand that is hyped up on internet forums .
Don't fall for hype ,shoot what works for you . That is my point . Anyone who is trying to take things out of context and claim I am bow bashing a certain brand is wrong .
My bow choice is personal , and I shoot what works for me . It might not be the best bow for the next guy , but it is my choice . My opinion doesn't carry anymore weight than anyone else's . The choice is up to you to pick the right equipment that suits your needs .
We are all here to share our opinion , and help others out when needed . That's what I enjoy about this place . I have meet some great people off this website , that I have shared hunts and become good friends with .
I have had some misunderstandings along the way , but have moved on . Once it becomes personal, it's time to move on . I have bigger things to deal with in life than to get caught up in stupid arguments on an internet forum .

LCU

Agree.
I shoot a Mathews,because I like the features of the Drenalin.
Don't expect everyone else to like it.

Shoot what you like. Bow hunting is my favorite way to hunt by far.

Double Drops

I agree that everyone should shoot what fits them the best. I do get bent out of shape when it comes to bow bashing (or what I perceive as bow bashing in my demented little mind). I do take it a little too personal and have gotten bent out of shape about a few things for which I apologize.

Mathews puts more money than anyone else to promote the sport I love and their customer service goes above & beyond any that I've ever experienced. I don't care what brand people shoot. Just don't base your opinions about a bow based on appearance. Shoot them all & let the bow pick you.

Toxophilite Phil

I agree with everything Radar said. I have talked with Radar enough to know that we share alot of the same ideas. Scott and I have seen a few sunsets from a treestand. There are a few others on here that I have never met but valve there opinion because of the time they have spent in pursuit of their game with archery equipment. This is known as experience. The older I get the more set I seem to become in most of thinking and philosophy on bowhunting and archery. Several of us have seen alot of equipment come and go the way of the dodo. Speaking for myself, after 25 yrs behind a bow and several miles of blood trails, I think I am qualified to speak openly about what works and what don't. I will not try to push MY opinions on anyone. If you ask my opinions I will tell you. I don't have to justify any type of equipment I choose to use. I choose what I use based on my decisions and not someone or some magazine.

Radar a bow basher.......I highly doubt that. A dedicated, dyed-in -the wool, bowhunter....you better believe it. I valve his opinion and alot more of you guys should too if you wish to have a bow season 10 or 15 yrs from now.

PS.....Hey Scott....going to be in LBL right after Christmas, can you make it?

Radar

LBL after Christmas ? I have never hunted there , but I might be able to make a trip up that way . Maybe I can talk with RMBBQ . He likes to hunt there in the late season .

LCU

I have been known to ride the Mathews bandwagon a time or two.
It's just a bow,and should not be taken all that serious.

I do think they make some very nice bows. Amazing performance.
But,so do other makers.

Radar

I just bought a new sight for my Kodiak Outdoors and sighted it in today . I tell you what , for an unknown company , they make a fine shooting bow . It's a nice looking bow as well .
I might have to go out and get some blood on it this weekend . :)

JThuntsalot

I agree with you Radar. I do not bow bash as I liked the mathews but not as much as Ross at the time. I just bash the idiots who think if you don't shoot the same bow brand or whatever as they or the majority does. You have a piece of crap bow and equipment. Most of the time they are mathews shooters who act that way so it usually sounds as it I am bashing mathews but it is just to get under there skin.

Toxophilite Phil

My brother and I are leaving the day after Christmas and will be there for 4-5 days. We have hunted LBL several times in late season. If you get on deer it is a great spot if you aren't it is as tough of spot to hunt as you will ever see.

Radar

JThuntsalot said:
I agree with you Radar. I do not bow bash as I liked the mathews but not as much as Ross at the time. I just bash the idiots who think if you don't shoot the same bow brand or whatever as they or the majority does. You have a piece of crap bow and equipment. Most of the time they are mathews shooters who act that way so it usually sounds as it I am bashing mathews but it is just to get under there skin.

They call them "fanboys" on other sites . I think the description fits them well .

LCU

Did that bow come with sights,and a rest for 350?

Either way if you shoot that Parker bow well with the xtras, you can't go wrong.
It's one good way to get into bow hunting,and if you decide to make a change later, you can.

I bought a used Drenalin for half price of a new one.
Not bad considering it had only been shot a few times,and the cost of a new bow.

The T5 quiver alone is over $100.
Nice quiver,but it's overpriced IMO.

Latest posts