Blackstone

TNLynn

Bought one on last years deal. A little different in that the front was stainless and had a cover instead of a case. 99 was the price. Only used it a couple of times but I really like it.
I've had the 17 inch for a couple years. Got a 1lb to 20lb hose to hook to bigger tank. I think I will like the hard top!

Mattt

Just curious what you don't like about it?
I use a lot of cast iron, have a camp chef 2 burner that does a really good job. Won this thing and was excited as I'd heard a lot of people like them. Seasoning it is time consuming as it came in the white so has to be done. It won't heat the whole cooktop hot enough to season properly so I'll be battling rust as long as I own it. It's huge and takes up alot of room so have to designate a space specifically for it. Too big to travel with so not very flexible either. Between the selection of iron I have I can do everything it will do already in bulk with my big skillet and griddle in the camp chef there's not much difference in quantities and I can take them anywhere use on any stove or fire and on any trip u get the picture. And cleaning is easier if I don't need the whole thing. Really was excited but now not so much. Probably a better fit for someone else I just don't care for it

TNLynn

I use a lot of cast iron, have a camp chef 2 burner that does a really good job. Won this thing and was excited as I'd heard a lot of people like them. Seasoning it is time consuming as it came in the white so has to be done. It won't heat the whole cooktop hot enough to season properly so I'll be battling rust as long as I own it. It's huge and takes up alot of room so have to designate a space specifically for it. Too big to travel with so not very flexible either. Between the selection of iron I have I can do everything it will do already in bulk with my big skillet and griddle in the camp chef there's not much difference in quantities and I can take them anywhere use on any stove or fire and on any trip u get the picture. And cleaning is easier if I don't need the whole thing. Really was excited but now not so much. Probably a better fit for someone else I just don't care for it
I have used a few 36 inch blackstones and they all get super hot in a few minutes. Plenty hot enough to season. Wonder why yours dont? I agree with everything else though. I bought a new one 2 years ago and after it being in the way for a week, i took it back and ordered 17". Now got 17 and 22.

TNLynn

Just now seasoning my new 22". Got very hot quick and changed colors shortly. Little heavier than i expected. Little disappointed in metal lid not being hinged. But overall satisfied with it and price.

Mattt

I have used a few 36 inch blackstones and they all get super hot in a few minutes. Plenty hot enough to season. Wonder why yours dont? I agree with everything else though. I bought a new one 2 years ago and after it being in the way for a week, i took it back and ordered 17". Now got 17 and 22.
It gets hot but where it curves up on the sides won't get hot enough to take a season.

Latest posts