Deer Assassin

Something may die
Unfortunately it may be me after the walk in

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpeg
    IMG_1849.jpeg
    795.6 KB · Views: 230

Union Co. Boy

There's a steep spot or two around Grainger County! 😂. Toughest drag out of my life took place there. And that was when I was young and in better shape! Go kill some and show us some pics!

Tenntrapper

There's a steep spot or two around Grainger County! 😂. Toughest drag out of my life took place there. And that was when I was young and in better shape! Go kill some and show us some pics!
I've killed a bunch of deer in my life, but your post just got me to thinking... 😂
With the exception of my very first deer...that I killed at Royal Blue, every deer I've ever killed was in Grainger county. And you are correct....there have been some nasty drags over the years... 😂

agelessssone

I've had drags so bad that I cut the deer in half and carried out one half at a time
When you are 73, your deer runs off the side of a steep ravine, he's 50 yards down the ravine, you are by your lonesome, you do what you gotta do!
Ya gut it, use a bone saw at the end of the ribcage, hoist half on your shoulders, clamber up the hill, pulling yourself up, sapling by sapling, til you get to the top.
Drop the half off, go back down for the other half.
Then you leap frog each piece for a few hundred yards, set it down, go back for the other half.
Keep that up til you cover the 1000 yds with both halves to the camp.
Throw both halves in a spring running out of the hill to cool off the meat and reward yourself with a sammich and a cold drink!

Chiflyguy

Learned the hard way, Muck Boots and steep Claiborne County hills are a bad combination.

Latest posts