Battle of Bristol

huntinkev

Should I go or not?

UT would bus us up there and back, which I see as a big plus. I wouldn't have to fight traffic and parking, etc. It would be a long day. Bus leaving stadium at 10am and would get back when ever game is over in the am hours. They would pay me for the entire trip so I would get couple hundred dollars and a meal.

The downside, I will know more info next week but I wouldn't want to be working in a tunnel or taking tickets. I would want to usher in the stadium where I could watch the game. I don't know if the possibility exists that I might not be able too, it just crossed my mind. Hopefully I will find out more next week I can then decide to go or not.

Part of me wants to go and pat let of me thinks it will be a huge deal and would enjoy more watching on tv

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PalsPal

Re: Battle of Bristol

Tough decision, especially if there is a chance you wouldn't even be able to watch the game.

I definitely would NOT want to have to be one of the people enforcing the new bag policy :shock: !

huntinkev

Yea, we had our meeting this morning and they informed us that the new bag policy was for everyone, including us. I've always carried a backpack with rain suit and stuff.

They did give us a little clear bag with carry handles. I don't know I can pack my rain suit in it. It's that or a 1 gallon zip lock bag. Wow.

But they said no exceptions no one will enter with out a clear bag that net the measurements. They did say they would have 1 gallon zip lock bags at all the shuttles and no one would be allowed to board the shuttles with bags and they are going to start pushing the news at every chance.

PalsPal

I just read that only one bag will be allowed.

There will be a lot of upset people when they get to a gate and realize half of their stuff will have to stay outside. A person could make a killing if they were willing to work a little by offering them $5 for the stuff the decide not to take in with them :D ! I mean what options do they have? Take it back to their cars, or toss it!

What about binoculars or chair cushions?

huntinkev

Yes, only one bag per person. The bag HAD to be clear and no larger than 12"x12". They are suggesting gallon zip lock bags and will have them available...this is to give you an idea of the size. The bag can be a little larger than gallon bag though. Chair cushions can be carried in outside of bag. I guess bino's could be worn around neck to save bag space.

They said sec will make this mandatory next year do they are jumping gun and getting headscarf. Florida, South Carolina and Alabama have same rules this year.

I'm just glad I don't work the gates so I don't have to deal with all the irate people.

Mjramsey1

I have extra tickets but am totally undecided if I will use them or not. Word is that VA Tech ticket sales are slow so 160,000 may be announced but it will be well shy of that. If it were an earlier game and I could get home before 3 the next morning, I may consider it, but with that late of a start plus all the headaches that go along with it, I'm thinking about throwing the tickets on ebay or craigslist. I hate that I'm already talking myself out of it because my tix are on the 50 yard line, 30th row, but I'll still be in the equivalent of upper deck at Neyland. Tough decision on this one...

Latest posts