barnett quad 400 ????

smokepolehall

If'en yer really wanting a Barnett, the Jackal is a fairly decent model from them. I wouldn't purchase any model but it myself. Yup its only 315 fps but its 40 fps faster than my Vixen!

BlackBelt

I've got a Barnett Quad 400. Love it. It's taken many deer over the past few years. It's fast and about as quiet as any other crossbow.
I added the crank-cocking device to mine for safely re-cocking it while in the treestand. It's too dangerous to use a rope cocker in a treestand, but the crank-cocking device from Barnett is easy and safe.

Rubberduck270

Dad hunts with one. For the price it can't be beat. It's quite a bit louder than a compound bow but its fast. He's also got the cranking device. Makes it quick and easy to reload.

Rdavis

I did a lot of research as I was going to get one myself. I ended up getting the new predator but I found a lot of great things written about the quad. I personally would loctight the scope and assembly bolt. They have a lot of force and things will work lose if you don't. I love my predator. Good luck!

CPerkins

I had one a few years back. Never really hunted with it much, but I was impressed. Fast and hit hard. Accurate too. Could hit a 3" dot at 50 yards with the scope that came on it. Better have a good target though. Blew through a block target several times. The target had seen better days, but it was stopping my compound with no trouble.

bigtex

IMO the Quad 400 is the best bang for the buck out there. I've had one for two years now and it has served me well. Only problem I have found is that whoever makes the strings does a lousy job on the servings. After several shots the servings start to unravel.
With that said...........if I ever purchase another xbow I will get an Excaliber simply because you can change strings in the field and don't need a bow press.

Latest posts