Bald Eagles

Canyonfish

In Tn. Fish is #1 on Diet when they have to work for it. They will take any opportunity to grab a free meal .
Especially from an Osprey. Then what looks like a World War 1 dog fight takes place for the fish. Eagle sometimes loses when the Osprey's mate joins in. It is the coolest to watch! Seen a few of these fights time to time in the Tennesse River gorge. The large size of the eagle compare to the Osprey is amazing.

rifle02

The Eagles that I see daily at my house really do a number on Coots. Some years ago I watched an immature Eagle try a dozen times to catch a coot. When the eagle Dove the coach Dove under, when the eagle went back up they came up and it was repeated over and over until the young Eagle got so tired he flew into a tree to rest. Along Comes a mature eagle with a white head and tail, I jokingly said to my wife okay here's a pro he'll show that youngster how it's done. Lo and behold the mature Eagle dove and of course the Coots dove underwater. The eagle went back up but only a very small Loop not more than 15 ft above the water and started another dive and timed it perfectly as the Coots hit the surface he was right there on one. The most interesting thing is he sat there with only his head above water while he drowned the coot. Then proceeded to swim to the shore! The bedraggled wet Eagle walked out with the Coot on the Shoreline. Pulled the breast out of it ate it and took off all in about a 15 minute time span. I hope the young Eagle took note of it.

rukiddin

I wish there was a season on them!

You can pretty well write off your turkey flock when they move in on you.

I'm no turkey hunter but I've seen as many as 5 eagles soaring together at my house. The turkeys here have vanished. I'm on French broad river between Sevierville and Knoxville.

I also raise registered show stock boer goats and those dam filthy vermin are the #1 reason I put up my mommas for 2-3 weeks when they have babies.