Auburn vs UVA

TreyB

gobblegrunt":2k45q440 said:
I'm ticked about the double dribble no call before the shot and foul that was called.

The foul on the three was correct. The no call double dribble was the killer with 1.5 to go. Auburn should have gotten the ball and would have most likely been Game over.

Mike Belt

I think Auburn got screwed as well. Close game. Oh well they got further than 60 other teams. Now I want to see Texas Tech beat Michigan and then Virginia.

Matador

TreyB":3irunmqq said:
gobblegrunt":3irunmqq said:
I'm ticked about the double dribble no call before the shot and foul that was called.

The foul on the three was correct. The no call double dribble was the killer with 1.5 to go. Auburn should have gotten the ball and would have most likely been Game over.
This!

gobblegrunt

I agree with what Pearl said. A foul is a foul. Call it the same during the beginning, the middle, and the end of the game. This is the issue I see with college basketball refs. The refs are too inconsistent in my opinion. Take for instance the game that Tn lost against Purdue on the last second foul called on a three point shot. The very next game, Guy I think it was (Virginia) shoots a 3 with a lot more contact than what Turner had on Edwards and it was a no call. I was watching that game and I was honestly baffled at the no call.

gobblegrunt

TreyB":3jns93u5 said:
gobblegrunt":3jns93u5 said:

That's what I was saying. The foul should have never occurred due to the obvious double dribble! Auburn was robbed. No questions about it.

Andy S.

gobblegrunt":2vr815q3 said:
TreyB":2vr815q3 said:
gobblegrunt":2vr815q3 said:

That's what I was saying. The foul should have never occurred due to the obvious double dribble! Auburn was robbed. No questions about it.
Agreed 100%, and so obvious, how could the refs miss it???? I was hoping for Auburn/Texas Tech championship. I like underdogs.

PalsPal

Andy S.":m248gvq8 said:
TreyB":m248gvq8 said:
How could THREE refs miss it
Exactly!

They each have "zones" that is their primary responsibility at all times. Even though I hate it, they will not call something in someone else's primary zone.

When I reffed, I just wanted to make the correct calls for the game, and I didn't care if it was in my zone or not.

TreyB

PalsPal":2dnvet0g said:
Andy S.":2dnvet0g said:
TreyB":2dnvet0g said:
How could THREE refs miss it
Exactly!

They each have "zones" that is their primary responsibility at all times. Even though I hate it, they will not call something in someone else's primary zone.

When I reffed, I just wanted to make the correct calls for the game, and I didn't care if it was in my zone or not.

And that's how it should be. I understand the zone responsibility but man that was a easy to see call.

Things like that should be reviewable in the final two minutes of a game.

Latest posts