Arkansas bound - wish us luck

Gravey

Heading out tomorrow with some guys I work with to hunt arkansas a few days. I'm not a duck hunter and had only been once in my life until last year when we did this trip. Hopefully we'll have a good couple of days and shoot some ducks but will be fun no matter what. My brother and nephew were in arkansas over the weekend and their group killed 50-something Sunday and Monday so well see. Hope to post pics when we return.

Gravey

Had a great time but the hunting was tough. On Thursday it was cloudy with no sun so we split up and went to two different pits. Our group only had one bird work in and we killed it. The other group killed three so at 1:00 we called it a day. Friday was better but still not great and we all hunted together. The sun broke out a little before 9:00 and activity picked up with some birds working and some not. We ended up killing 11 there and then called it a day about 10:45 and headed back. All of the birds were mallards or pintails.

TNReb

Gravey":2j6sjo6n said:
Had a great time but the hunting was tough. On Thursday it was butty with no sun so we split up and went to two different pits. Our group only had one bird work in and we killed it. The other group killed three so at 1:00 we called it a day. Friday was better but still not great and we all hunted together. The sun broke out a little before 9:00 and activity picked up with some birds working and some not. We ended up killing 11 there and then called it a day about 10:45 and headed back. All of the birds were mallards or pintails.

Well... that sounds... boring. :bore:

Makes me not want to go this week!

Gravey

TNReb":t4pg4r17 said:
Gravey":t4pg4r17 said:
Had a great time but the hunting was tough. On Thursday it was butty with no sun so we split up and went to two different pits. Our group only had one bird work in and we killed it. The other group killed three so at 1:00 we called it a day. Friday was better but still not great and we all hunted together. The sun broke out a little before 9:00 and activity picked up with some birds working and some not. We ended up killing 11 there and then called it a day about 10:45 and headed back. All of the birds were mallards or pintails.

Well... that sounds... boring. :bore:

Makes me not want to go this week!
We still had fun and you will too. Hopefully the weather cooperates better for you. Good luck!

Latest posts