Anyone have the new TC

Coach

Thanks DD, I didn't get any feedback but I went to the shop today and decided to order one...got a good deal, better than any I've seen advertised and a good deal on the DOA Bushnel scope too (this is just the same scope as the Nikon with the exception of the price and the small set of antlers in the scope that give you an idea of the size of the deer you are shooting at...of course that is a gimmick but the price wasn't)

TheLBLman

Double Drops said:
I have a regular Triumph, not the Bone Collector edition.
Same here.

Main reason I got it a couple years ago was because it may very well be the easiest ML to clean among the decent quality offerings. But now with the Blackhorn 209 powder, being very "easy to clean" is no longer such an issue.

It's a nice ML, but there's one thing about it I just don't like:
Having to pull back a hammer.
I prefer a tang or crossbolt safety.
This is not a huge deal, but considering you can get a Savage for not a whole lot more . . . . .

One other thing:
Occassionally, I have had trouble getting the breech to close properly, especially when trying to do it quietly.

Other than that, you'll probably be very pleased with it.

WTM

no, cause my next ML will be a Savage. im a savage rifle man, might as well convert all the way around!! lol.

but you couldnt go wrong with a T/C, they make a good rifle.

cntryboy657

i dont own one but almost bought one ...everyone has opions and heres mine...i didnt like the way the metal looks.. i dont think that the bone collector edition is worth the exta money.i liked it but didnt by it because of how it closes.like the above mentioned. i just bought a used encore in mint conditon. pick it up fri. i closes quiter. i let u know how i like it. good luck with what ever u decide

Coach

Thanks fellas....I went down to the gun shop and talked to the guy about it and got some pricing. I was surprised he was cheaper than Cabelas. I'm still thinking on it...any other info would be helpful...like if someone could just talk me out of it!!!!!

shopson

I own a Triumph and so far I really like it. I am accumulating different powders and bullets and going for some serious shooting very soon.

tndeer101

I just bought the Bone Collector. I'm having trouble getting my Leupold scope sighted in. I'm using Warne mounts, and have run out of adjustments, both on windage and elevation, at 50 yds, shooting 3-4 inches high and 3 inches right. I have double checked all screws and the base to make sure everything is tight. Don't hknow if I got a scope, mount, or worse , gun issue. I like the feel of the gun , the ease the breech plug is removed. I am shooting BH209, 100 grs. i tried sevearl different bullets to see if I could get a better sight in at 50 yds, but nothing seemed to help. I'm going to see if I can borrow a buddy's spare scope and see if the problem is still there. I have never used Warne mounts, usually I use Leupold. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest posts