A few new pics...

BSK

I've got a stand about 35 yards from this scrape the below bucks are visiting!

buck1128e.jpg

buck1107i.jpg

buck1123e.jpg

BSK

smstone22 said:
Nice! You should have some easy pickings this weekend with all the daylight pics Ive seen.

I sure hope so. I've never seen such active older bucks as this year. But perhaps that's because we're at our second highest number of 3 1/2+ year-old bucks we've had (9). Our record year (11) was 2006, just before the EHD outbreak.

BSK

Trevor2 said:
BSK how old do you put that buck in the 2nd pic at? His face looks really short.

I keep waffling back and forth between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. One picture he will look 3 1/2 and the next mature. But considering the slightly longer look to his front legs compared to his chest-depth, I'm leaning more towards a big-bodied 3 1/2 year-old.

Guess I better shoot him and find out for sure! ;)

BSK

easy45 said:
3rd Buck has some serious mass

Yup, and the crazy thing is, that buck was our smallest-antlered 3 1/2 year-old last year (probably gross 90-95). Living by my rule of taking the first 3 1/2+ year-old buck I see, regardless of his antlers, I tried to shoot that buck last year on opening day of MZ season, at the very same scrape he is working in that picture. He got behind some saplings and I just couldn't pull the shot off.

He has really added antler material from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2.

Trevor2

BSK said:
Trevor2 said:
BSK how old do you put that buck in the 2nd pic at? His face looks really short.

I keep waffling back and forth between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. One picture he will look 3 1/2 and the next mature. But considering the slightly longer look to his front legs compared to his chest-depth, I'm leaning more towards a big-bodied 3 1/2 year-old.

Guess I better shoot him and find out for sure! ;)

I agree bust him so we will no for sure lol

megalomaniac

The second buck does look funny... I think it's because his ears are crazy short- at least they look that way in the pic.

I might be temped to give him another year... I get the gut feeling he'd explode in score next year.

Latest posts