7mmMag (and Girls) Cattin' Around in Scenic City

rsimms

Ryan Edde (7mmMag) bought his daughter a Scenic City Catfishing Trip for a Birthday present (although I think I know who REALLY wanted to go catfishing. :grin: )

But Kirsten and Kayla (sp?) were up bright and early to hit the water. With no generators running at Chickamauga Dam, it was a VERY slow start. That's tough on youngsters but they hung in there and we enjoyed watching some generators kick in at 8 am.

After TVA rang the dinner bell, it was on. Not a fast and furious bite since we missed the "early phase," but we were hammering eaters in fairly regular fashion, and the Edde ice chest kept filling up.

edde_ryan_kirsten_kayla2.jpg

It got hot and we took a break for the girls to go swimming... then they were very patient while me and Dad spent an hour or two with the big rods in search of a big bite, that didn't materialize. :mad: My big fish bite has been way off.

THAT IS until we went back to drifting light tackle so the girls could fish. Great story here ... 7-year-old Kayla's rod bowed down and it looked like she'd hung the bottom. Dad took her rod and was actually trying to break the line, but it was awkward because he was still holding his rod as well.

I said, "Here, give it to me."

I took Kayla's rod, felt it throb, handed it back to Kayla and said, "That's not the bottom. Reel your fish in."

Dad and Kayla were shocked... but the battle ensued. It actually went on a bit too long for Kayla and Dad had to (or got to :D ) take over. It really was a very mean fish, fought hard to start on the bottom and get into some structure. At one point Ryan said, "I'm scared to death." He's fished a lot but had never had anything like this on the end of a light line. Ryan persevered for nearly 30 minutes and "patience over power" put the 26 lb. blue in the boat.

edde_ryan_kirsten_kayla1.jpg

High-fives and photos, a couple of more drifts with a couple of more eaters, and the girls had all the fun and sun they could stand. 7mmMag was going to "hand off" the fish for cleaning and consumption to Thor3030. But I told him the young ladies deserved a few filets for dinner. They were impressive. There's not many little girls who would stick it out for a hard seven hours on the water, in August. I'm just glad that one very special fish decided to reward their efforts, and that means life is good and gettin' better every day!

edde_ryan_kirsten_kayla3.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I swear I smile every time I read your reports. :)

I wish everyone and anyone that has never had that kind of fun would go fishing with you just one time.
Amazing.

thor3030

The girls were tired when I got to his house to get the fish. The cooler had 17 cats inside and I took them back to H'ville and got home around 9pm and finally got in bed after midnight!!! I've got 9 quart freezer bags of fillets!!! Yum Yum!!! I've got one here at work for 7mmMag to take home for the girls. We are already to get some again. Maybe the girls will stay at home...They had a blast with Richard and Scenic City!! Another awesome and great day of fishing.

rsimms

thor3030 said:
The girls were tired when I got to his house to get the fish. The cooler had 17 cats inside and I took them back to H'ville and got home around 9pm and finally got in bed after midnight!!! I've got 9 quart freezer bags of fillets!!! Yum Yum!!! I've got one here at work for 7mmMag to take home for the girls. We are already to get some again. Maybe the girls will stay at home...They had a blast with Richard and Scenic City!! Another awesome and great day of fishing.

7mmMag was worried about loadin' you up too much. :) We could have kept you up a little later if he hadn't started feeling sorry for you. :grin:

7mmMag

Well, I am finally getting a chance to post. What a day!!! I can't say enough about Mr. Simms. He was very patient with us and offered the girls a break to go swimming for a little bit. This cooled them down a bit so they could fish a little while longer.

This was a day that they will never forget. They are already talking about going again next year. Kayla was showing the pictures to every one she could, all the while grinning from ear to ear. And yes I was scared to death � of what my 7 year old would do to me if I lost her big fish :grin:! Here are a few more pictures.

100_2791.jpg

100_2792.jpg

100_2793.jpg

100_2794.jpg

100_2795.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

100_2805.jpg

Here I am helping hold the rod while Kayla fights the "Big One"

100_2798.jpg

thor3030

I'm glad for ALL the help I can get :D. Maybe the two of us will hook up with you soon. Maybe even for a limit of slabs would be nice too! :grin:

Latest posts