3 Legs and Half a Rack

de novo

Here's another example of an injury on one side affecting the rack on the other.

SUNP0062.jpg

SUNP0281.jpg

SUNP0074.jpg

Columbia Scott

Boy that proves that when a deer sustains an injury the antler on the other side suffers. I'd let him breed. If he had a matching antler on the right side he'd have some potential. The problem won't be passed on anyway.

de novo

No way to know for sure but this pic from last year may be him. Pic is taken about 50 yds from this year's. I was counting on that buck making it through the season and being something special this year.

DSC_0033.jpg

Boone 58

Wow! I can honestly say i see alot of three legged deer, missing the front one.....but its rare to see one with the back leg gone for i figure they are more easily ran down by preds and killed . that is unusual for me to see at all and mey well be the first i have ever seen alive with the rear leg missing.

de novo

camoman270 said:
Wow! I can honestly say i see alot of three legged deer, missing the front one.....but its rare to see one with the back leg gone for i figure they are more easily ran down by preds and killed . that is unusual for me to see at all and mey well be the first i have ever seen alive with the rear leg missing.
We have some really bad shots in the area!

slagtown_dfa

Novocaine said:
camoman270 said:
We have some really bad shots in the area!

If they make that bad of shots im glad you hunt around them and not me.

Latest posts