1st Kill with bow (Traditional Martin Takedown)

Oldschool

I hunted for years with a compound and had my chances. However, I always screwed them up. I purchased a traditional bow over 12 years ago and shot a couple of times before putting it up. Just started back archery hunting this year and it finally got the monkey off my back. Shot a doe at 30 yards, hit her a little low, but found her this afternoon. Finally paid off.

Oldschool

Thanks... Did not get any pictures.
Quick story: When I was purchasing a string, at a local archery shop, I had a young kid point at my bow and tell his dad I was using an antique. I told the kid only antiques used traditional bows anymore. My wife said the kid was actually calling me an antique not the bow. Haven't lived that one down yet.

JohnnyArcher

Oldschool said:
Thanks... Did not get any pictures.
Quick story: When I was purchasing a string, at a local archery shop, I had a young kid point at my bow and tell his dad I was using an antique. I told the kid only antiques used traditional bows anymore. My wife said the kid was actually calling me an antique not the bow. Haven't lived that one down yet.

Pssh! Whatever! I've been shooting traditional for two years now (I'm 30). Tried to pick up compound shooting this summer and I will never touch one again. I lost half of my arrows trying to site the thing in! Thanks, but I'll stick to my trusty recurve.

Unrelated: I was thinking about checking out Forks of the River WMA for some deer or possibly black bear. Any info you can give me about that place?

Thanks and good job on your kill!
Johnny

Latest posts