Sold/Expired 1985 Suzuki Samurai SJ410 tin top 4x4

Mausermeister

It is time for me to face the fact I am not going to finish this project, so passing it on to someone who will. I got this a few years ago, bought a bunch of parts, then needed cervical fusion surgery for bulged discs in my neck before I got started on it. Finally got over that, and I tore rotator cuff in my right arm and needed surgery this spring. I'm just not physically able to do it now and have lost interest.

1985 Suzuki Samurai SJ410 4x4, 1.0 liter 4 cylinder, four speed manual
Body in good shape with a few dents and dings, some rust in front floorboards, and one spot at lower hinge of rear door. When I pulled out the old floor mat, I found the center tunnel is beat up from a universal joint going out at some point in its past. Pictures of rust and damage below. The rear seat is not original to it. Not sure what it came from, maybe a Jeep?

The guy I got it from said the clutch was making noise, so he and his buddy installed a new clutch, but it still made the noise. When I asked if he replaced the throw out and pilot bearings, he did not even know what they were. LOL So it had a new clutch and pressure plate, but there is nothing wrong with the old ones in the box in back of truck.
I installed a new carburetor and it ran great, but nearly every seal and gasket on the engine leaked. I decided to go ahead and rebuild the engine since it would be easiest to pull it out to replace all the seals and gaskets.

Additional new parts I purchased that go with it are:
Engine rebuild kit including pistons, rings, bearings, seals, gaskets
Oil pump
Water pump
Timing set
Clutch cable
Pilot and throw out bearings
Brackets for spring over lift
Steering connecting rod for lift
Extended brake lines
Front seats reupholstered

20221026_161128.jpg20221026_155533.jpg
20221026_161144.jpg
20221026_161242.jpg20221026_161333.jpg
20221026_161232.jpg

It will need front brake calipers rebuilt or replaced.

Asking $3500

Last edited: