Wild Rose?

Swampster

While not strictly deer habitat related, but wild rose has really exploded on my place the last two years. Always been there in spots, but seems to be everywhere now. I prefer to see native vegetation. I'll spend quite a bit of time working on rose and Japanese Stiltgrass this Spring/Summer. Losing proposition probably but I think I can impact it.

rifle02

I have one spot on my property which has a number of invasives. A landing area where log trucks must have staged. I was in there yesterday cutting and stump treating bradford pears. The only place on the property where there are any and I cut 20 or so 4 in. diameter or less. Before much Greenup it was obvious how much multifloral Rose there is, good grief lots of it. I think I will spray next week. I hate that stuff several of them grabbed my shirt and I couldn't even get free without turning and twisting around struggling and the use of four letter words.

BSK

Are you talking about Multiflora Rose or Wild Rose? Those are two different species. Personally, I foster true Wild Rose. They are beautiful and I've had no problem with them taking over. I primarily have them in power-line Right-of-Ways.

Attachments

• WildRose.jpg
    WildRose.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts