where are the ducks?

Southern Sportsman

We did pretty good last Friday through Sunday. Pretty well shut down Monday through Wednesday. A good friend who guides at one of the better places on the Foorked Deer killed 1 yesterday - worst day of the season. But they killed 13 where I normally hunt on the Obion. There are a few ducks around, but they're stale and hit or miss. I'd wager a lot that things are going to get better over the next week.

Bgoodman30

Yeah reports are duck numbers still good but killing conditions are pitiful. I'd rather not hunt on days like today when you have to educate a bunch of birds to kill very few.

Heading over today hopefully the wind and rain will get em stirred up. I'm usually pretty optimistic about duck hunting but if this pattern doesn't change this season might average out worse than last year. Last year was pretty good for us though. [emoji1695]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bgoodman30

Southern Sportsman":2gxbeu70 said:

Yep! This one is interesting the last plains storm had north easterly winds that rotated to NW. This storm will bring on our first strong S winds with cold air from the west on Monday. Would have been a hell of a storm if we were locked up!

I'm hopeful it at least stirs em up!

Dodge Man

I saw a lot of high big bunches of ducks heading North today. I have been seeing a lot of snow geese heading North the past 3 days. With no major change here or directly north of us I don't see our duck hunting improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildwings

Ducks have been moving good the last two days

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 20191229_094135.jpg
    20191229_094135.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,267

Bgoodman30

Ducks are here that's for sure. Finally some killing weather!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Talked to one of the game wardens at lunch, he said the last count he saw from Duck River was 27,000, and that half those had left. That explains a lot about the lack of duck sightings at Camden.

Bgoodman30

TNGunsmoke":2f2tgdwa said:
Talked to one of the game wardens at lunch, he said the last count he saw from Duck River was 27,000, and that half those had left. That explains a lot about the lack of duck sightings at Camden.

Wow that's pitiful...

Latest posts