What ya say?

Livin2hunt

One legged turkey?
1000004415.jpg

Carlos

I called in a one-legged Tom the other day. He actually came hopping in, straight to my setup.

Once he got closer, I could see that he actually had 2 legs, but my calls had him so excited, he was holding his pecker in one hand. (True story, that's the only kind I tell.)

Livin2hunt

Yeah. I haven't seen one hopping around. Thought maybe pitching down from the limb that it's just kicked up behind it but I was just second guessing that thought. Odd either way!

Southern Sportsman

I don't think a turkey could live long with one leg. He couldn't walk, run, or fly. Pretty sure he just has his right leg pulled up. Either stretching, landing left foot first, or taking off with the left leg still down. I think you can even see a toe from his right foot sticking out from the body.
IMG_6161.jpeg

Livin2hunt

I don't think a turkey could live long with one leg. He couldn't walk, run, or fly. Pretty sure he just has his right leg pulled up. Either stretching, landing left foot first, or taking off with the left leg still down. I think you can even see a toe from his right foot sticking out from the body.
View attachment 225229
I hope that's the case just a flooky pic. Thanks

killingtime 41

Damn your gon
I called in a one-legged Tom the other day. He actually came hopping in, straight to my setup.

Once he got closer, I could see that he actually had 2 legs, but my calls had him so excited, he was holding his pecker in one hand. (True story, that's the only kind I tell.)
Dang you need to teach me how to call. Cause it seems like when I'm calling. I must be telling them come get some of bubba. Cause they haven't fallen for my calls yet.

tellico4x4

We had a one legged gobbler one fall. He hung out at same plot everyday. Was watching him once when wind was blowing hard & he used his wings as outriggers to stay upright! Kept me entertained all afternoon 🤣. Something must have got him as no one saw him in spring.