wanting to get involved in reloading

Copes

I have never reloaded any type of shell, or anything of that nature, but i was wanting to get involved into.I am looking for some starting points like what type of press , powders, scales ect... any type of help would be apprciated

mr.big

the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme Kit has nearly everything to get started,,,

but its like getting all you can from a Small Block Chevy,,it never ends

cleatus2506

RCBS makes a great starting kit called the Rockchucker Master Loading Kit that comes with a decent scale, excellent press, powder thrower, case trimmer and a few other nick-knacks. It also comes with a loading manual if I remember correctly which will tell you what powders, primers, bullet weights, etc. to start with depending on caliber. You'll of course need dies to match your caliber and very likely a few other tools that you'll find indispensable. The best advice would be to get with an experienced reloader and learn all you can about what tools work well, safety do's and don'ts, and tips that would take you much longer to learn on your own. ABOVE ALL BE SAFE!! Don't be afraid to ask questions on here as there are some experts that are very willing to share their vast amount of knowledge. Good Luck!

Tiny

Anyone thinking about getting into Reloading would do good by getting one of the Videos or DVD's .The RCBS,Hornady and Lyman below would be were I would look first for the beginner,this will allow you to get some of the "basic terminolgy" and see it in action.

These can also be found at your local Gun Shops that also carry reloading supplies.

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/br ... **15810***

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
I would advise to get more than one reloading manual and read it, read all of the steps and understand what they are and Why they are needed. You must have reloading scales. Do NOT try to invent "new" loads, only load loads that are listed in the manuals. They will list the starting charges. Don't take shortcuts.... its just not worth the risk.

enjoy,
trap55555

Latest posts