Turkey Day

A

Anonymous

i'll be deer hunting and eating pizza and drinkin beers probably. my wife aint no cook...lol

Pam

mmmm smoked turkey sounds real GOOD!!! I will be cooking the turkey in the oven w/all the trimmings. My husband usually hunts that morning & I should have everything ready about the time he rolls in. Im excited & looking forward to it! Wonder if its too early to start making pies :grin:

Trapper John

Smoked turkey, deep fried turkey, smoked pork tenderloin, dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (homemade and the canned stuff), deviled eggs, rolls, butter beans, potato salad, pumpkin pie, lemon chess pie, sweet potato pie, and chocolate pie. Then the family brings some stuff.

The usual.

green doe

Two turkey breasts, baked ham, dressing, sauteed pearl onions, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows on top), mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes and rolls. The sister-in-law volunteered to bring appetizers and dessert. Unless she comes up with a last minute excuse like last year.

Pam, I have never been successful with a pie unless I buy the pie crust ready-made. My husband still teases me about my last attempt. Got any secrets you can share?

Trapper John

green doe said:
Two turkey breasts, baked ham, dressing, sauteed pearl onions, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows on top), mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes and rolls. The sister-in-law volunteered to bring appetizers and dessert. Unless she comes up with a last minute excuse like last year....

I want lots of sausage in that dressing and a picture of the sister-in-law's face upon finding it.

green doe

LOL! You'd have to see the pic after you eat, though. She's not photogenic. I swear, I thought I was the worst in pictures but she always seems to be in mid-sneeze.

Latest posts