TSS 20 gauge turkey loads

Bgoodman30

Total novice here on turkey loads but I have a friend that ordered 2 lbs of #9 Tungsten for me to load some 20 gauge turkey loads. I am just looking for a good recipe to pass on to him?

ADR

Most guys who sell TSS keep their recipes close to their vest pocket. Generally if you ask the person you got the TSS from they will gladly provide them. They generally ask you to keep them confidential.

fairchaser

Usually it involves a primed hull, powder, a two piece wad, a Mylar sleeve, shot, buffer, and finally a shot cover. You can roll crimp it with the right tool. You'll need a scale, drill, shell vise and roll crimper if you are doing it manually. The shot supplier will give you the quantities of the shot, powder and buffer as well as specific instructions.

Attachments

• 17E2FBCC-2D10-4E5B-8AC1-9415D54BF699.jpeg
    17E2FBCC-2D10-4E5B-8AC1-9415D54BF699.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 144

Tenntrapper

Usually it involves a primed hull, powder, a two piece wad, a Mylar sleeve, shot, buffer, and finally a shot cover. You can roll crimp it with the right tool. You'll need a scale, drill, shell vise and roll crimper if you are doing it manually. The shot supplier will give you the quantities of the shot, powder and buffer as well as specific instructions.
Them sure are purty..😉

TN Larry

It's not a secret, however, these guys have spent a lot of time developing loads and doing testing. It is an honor system, but they ask not to share their data with someone that hasn't bought shot from them. I am shooting a Hal Abbott load, and he has been more than happy to share loads to best fit what I am shooting. You don't have to buy all of your shot from that particular person, however, you do have to make an initional purchase to get their data. I can give you Hal's contact information if interested.

Last edited:

EastTNboy

It's not a secret, however, these guys have spent a lot of time developing loads and doing testing. It is an honor system, but they ask not to share their data with someone that hasn't bought shot from them. I am shooting a Hal Abbott load, and he has been more than happy to share loads to best fit what I am shooting. You don't have to buy all of your shot from that particular person, however, you do have to make an additional purchase to get their data. I can give you Hal's contact information if interested.
If you don't mind please send me Hals info please as well. Thanks.

rukiddin

It's not a secret, however, these guys have spent a lot of time developing loads and doing testing. It is an honor system, but they ask not to share their data with someone that hasn't bought shot from them. I am shooting a Hal Abbott load, and he has been more than happy to share loads to best fit what I am shooting. You don't have to buy all of your shot from that particular person, however, you do have to make an additional purchase to get their data. I can give you Hal's contact information if interested.
Hal is THE MAN!!! As good as they come too. I've been buying shot from him and loading his recipes since 2016. Some say his shot is a little high but the man knows any and everything about tss and he has always had the time to answer any questions I had be it a email, text or call. That alone is worth a lot to me!!!

TN Larry

Hal is THE MAN!!! As good as they come too. I've been buying shot from him and loading his recipes since 2016. Some say his shot is a little high but the man knows any and everything about tss and he has always had the time to answer any questions I had be it a email, text or call. That alone is worth a lot to me!!!
I have bought nearly all of the shot that I have from him, and he always responds within a couple of hours. He maybe little bit more than some others that import (not sure haven't really checked), but I don't mind paying a few more dollars to keep him in the game and knowing that I'm getting the right stuff.

Southern Sportsman

Hal is great. Unbelievably knowledgable and has a lot of good load data. He's actually a member here if you look him up (Hawglips). He never really posts, but responds to PMs. So don't take this as any kind of knock against him. Nothing could be further from the truth. But in the interest of sharing information, I know of, and have bought shot from, three different guys that develop their own loads and sell shot. All have been super generous with their time and knowledge.

Hal Abbot
Tommy Duliba
Ronald Savage

Hal is the godfather of TSS hand loading. He has a load for every situation and he usually makes time to answer questions. He answered a hundred for me when I got started.

Tommy is from middle TN. He also sells PT2090 wads (very popular 20 ga TSS wad). My all-time favorite 12 gauge load is one of his. He has a very popular 20 gauge load, though I've never tried it personally.
931-308- 8767

Ronnie is from Louisiana. He does his shot orders a little different than Hal and Tommy but he has some incredible load recipes. My all-time favorite 20 gauge loads is one of his. I can get you his contact info if you want it.

kyler1234

Hal is great. Unbelievably knowledgable and has a lot of good load data. He's actually a member here if you look him up (Hawglips). He never really posts, but responds to PMs. So don't take this as any kind of knock against him. Nothing could be further from the truth. But in the interest of sharing information, I know of, and have bought shot from, three different guys that develop their own loads and sell shot. All have been super generous with their time and knowledge.

Hal Abbot
Tommy Duliba
Ronald Savage

Hal is the godfather of TSS hand loading. He has a load for every situation and he usually makes time to answer questions. He answered a hundred for me when I got started.

Tommy is from middle TN. He also sells PT2090 wads (very popular 20 ga TSS wad). My all-time favorite 12 gauge load is one of his. He has a very popular 20 gauge load, though I've never tried it personally.
931-308- 8767

Ronnie is from Louisiana. He does his shot orders a little different than Hal and Tommy but he has some incredible load recipes. My all-time favorite 20 gauge loads is one of his. I can get you his contact info if you want it.

Hal Abbot
Tommy Duliba
Ronald Savage

931-308- 8767

Would you be able to get me Ronnies contact info?

Latest posts