Trapline pictures thread

square

Talking about aggressive. Second season trapping. Hammer33 gave me lots of good advice ladt year. I befriended an old trapper on the Trapperman forum who has also given me great advice. I have a road that I share with a couple of other land owners. I didn't want to have animals bouncing on the side of the road when others drove by. He got me interested in using drags. This is my first cat on a cubby/ walkthrough with a duck wing hanging over it set specifically for a cat AND a drag. I set it in a 8 yo pine thicket right on the side of the road. I drove up and looked in my cubby. If appeared that something had dug around my trap without springing it. I walked around the rear of the cart focused on the cubby. I almost had a heart attack when it jumped at me growing and hissing. The cat had only gone about 10 feet when the drag did its job. It too, calmed down quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    649 KB · Views: 11

Andy S.

Great thread. I've never trapped outside of my yard/neighborhood, but have a good friend that is solid in the deep woods/ag fields/drainages/etc. IMHO, successful trappers deserve a TON more respect than they get. I love the strategy and sport of trapping more than hunting alone. Kudos to you who are all successful trappers. When I get more time in my schedule, I plan to attempt it, at least a trial run at it. Thanks for sharing all of your sets/photos/advice, y'all are the read deal IMO.

jman 125

Great thread. I've never trapped outside of my yard/neighborhood, but have a good friend that is solid in the deep woods/ag fields/drainages/etc. IMHO, successful trappers deserve a TON more respect than they get. I love the strategy and sport of trapping more than hunting alone. Kudos to you who are all successful trappers. When I get more time in my schedule, I plan to attempt it, at least a trial run at it. Thanks for sharing all of your sets/photos/advice, y'all are the read deal IMO.
Andy anytime you are around here call me and i would be honored to have you go with me but be forewarned it is addictive

JCDEERMAN

Oh, I'm just playing. As soon as one of those yotes growled at me, I would beat his head to a pulp out of pure fear.

I'm just a culdesac man that wishes I still lived on the farm!
Haha same here on the "culdesac" comment.

Them coons will growl at you too. The bigger ones think they are bigger than you, and their attitudes certainly rival mine when they're pissed 🤣