This is a doozy

Setterman

So this video popped up on my Facebook feed. If anyone is so inclined go find it and watch it. Maybe one of if not the saddest things I've seen. I went to their website and it's a disgusting display of canned hunts. Who in their right mind pays $750 for this?

Attachments

• IMG_6561.png
    IMG_6561.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 7

megalomaniac

I saw that. Tbh, I'm all about capitalism. It costs about $100 in feed to take a poult to age 2.

What makes me sick are the poor conditions the toms were raised in prior to being turned loose in the shooting pen. Look at their plumage, just terrible.

The other thing that pisses me off is throwing 2 males in the shooting pen together that haven't been together before to set the pecking order. Sure, it's only for an hour before they are shot, but when you do that, the two of them are going to fight until one gets killed or is beaten so badly it will die from disease or its wounds.

I'm not a softie, I really do believe God put animals on earth for us to care for and use... but at the same time it makes me sick the lack of care those birds had while he was raising them.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I saw that the other day. I can't believe people would pay to shoot a tame turkey, just so they can have a turkey photo to post somewhere. I wonder if I could mount a real turkey in a dead mount and sell tickets to get your picture made with it in an authentic woodland setting. I would even throw in a butterball you could take home and cook. $250 each???

Iglow

I saw that the other day. I can't believe people would pay to shoot a tame turkey, just so they can have a turkey photo to post somewhere. I wonder if I could mount a real turkey in a dead mount and sell tickets to get your picture made with it in an authentic woodland setting. I would even throw in a butterball you could take home and cook. $250 each???
I'm sure you could. Even do it remotely by photoshopping.

I'm just speechless as to what would motivate somebody to both offer and take part in something like that. But in modern America it's not surprising.

megalomaniac

I'm sure you could. Even do it remotely by photoshopping.

I'm just speechless as to what would motivate somebody to both offer and take part in something like that. But in modern America it's not surprising.
It's not rare.

When I got my true Eastern wilds, the only way I could get real birds LEGALLY was from offspring sourced from an Indian reservation. I got mine from a game farm in Pennsylvania, who purchased his eggs from a raided nest off the reservation. He hatched and raised 50 per year just for put and take turkey hunting. He did the same thing with ringneck pheasants (which is super common out west) and mallard call ducks. But the eggs I got from him were 3rd or 4th generation from pure wilds... spooky as heck even in my pen, and the gobblers only weighed 22 to 23 lbs and didn't have the disproportionately swollen heads that domestic easterns do.

There is a 'plantation' 15 miles from me that has HIGH dollar quail hunts. Corporate bosses come from all over the country to hunt pen raised birds released the day before they hunt. I have a friend who is a guide there, and his usual tip for a morning hunt with his dog is $100. (Doesn't count the $100 guarantee pay he gets for guiding). He makes more money as a lineman, but he loves to work his dog and usually makes $200 fun money for 5 hours of his time on a Saturday off.

woodsman04

I don't have Facebook so I can't see it. But I can imagine.
Sadly some people actually think that is what hunting is. Ignorant or not.

But let them enjoy it. Better than the decoys and SeekOne tools

Pilchard

There was a place next to me in Florida that had "Wild hog hunts" in a 5 acre pen. They advertised that you could kill them with knives, spears, etc. They would even ride you around on a dirt bike with a side car and let you shoot them on the run.

rem270

I seen that and scrolled by so I didn't get to see the person pull the trigger. Didn't want to see it. Don't see how people get their rocks off on stuff like that.

scn

You have the same sort of places that have been up and running for MANY years here in TN where they for many $$$ let folks (mainly from out of state) kill an elusive Smokey Mtn. goat (billy goat) or feral hogs in a small pen. I'm sure some of the folks on here are friends with those operating those places. I'm pretty sure they do the turkey foolishness as well.

Latest posts